myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Starboard START - Anybody used/tested/seen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icerabbit

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 9:13 pm    Post subject: Starboard START - Anybody used/tested/seen? Reply with quote

Starboard START - 279cm

I am highly interested in buying this board.
1) it would accommodate sails 9-12m for low wind racing
2) they advertise it is an excellent learning board to teach friends & family
3) fair price

Havent seen a test or comments yet. Just saw this board would come out.

Q. Has anybody used this board? Seen the board? What about advanced performance? Anybody taught newbies on it? Is the tiny 18cm center fin adequate? ultrafragile?

Any/all comments highly welcome.

Please email to icerabbit@icerabbit.com
dbturner

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 8:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Starboard START - Anybody used/tested/seen? Reply with quote

I checked one out at a demo day last weekend. It is a huge board-you could sit on the front and give instructions to a learner. It is very stable and handles wek but is quite heavy(40+ pounds I think) The starboard go is also very stable but a lot lighter at 22 pounds
icerabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 8:36 am    Post subject: RE: Starboard START - Anybody used/tested/seen? Reply with quote

Thanks DBTURNER Smile

In the mean time I ordered & received the board the other day, after hearing lots of positive comments from several people.

I havent tested it yet, but hope to do so very soon.

icerabbit@icerabbit.com
icerabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 8:39 am    Post subject: RE: Starboard START - Anybody used/tested/seen? Reply with quote

PS: The start weighs 13 kg or 25 lbs, and considering its width & especially price that is not bad Wink

icerabbit@icerabbit.com
firehead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 9:17 am    Post subject: RE: Starboard START - Anybody used/tested/seen? Reply with quote

check out the spring issue of windsport for a board review...I used it for 1 week in Hatteras and was hooked in and sailing on all points, doing step gybes and water starting in only 6 days!!! I tried windsurfing 15 yrs. ago and never got out of the water for more than a minute at a time...the start is perfect for learning
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: