myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island Access on Memorial Day Reply with quote

Delta Windsurfing pro windsurfer Jason Voss gives a lesson at Sherman Island Access on Memorial Day, helping my young windsurfing son do his first beach start. Thanks Jason.

2017-05-29 1st beach start.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.42 KB
 Viewed:  12684 Time(s)

2017-05-29 1st beach start.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Spanking at Tigers on Tuesday Reply with quote

Got my ass kicked at Tigers today. Went out before 1 pm on a 5.0/100L Firemove from Oysters. Light, fluky wind had me uphauling 3 times until I got past the Genentech shadow. Wind was at 20-25 at Tigers which was fine for the first half hour..then the shit hit the fan at 1:30 with wind from Hades coming down from the San Bruno gap at 30-35 for the next half hour. The wide board was tail walking all over the place and I was holding on to my rig for dear life. I had to really sheet in and go upwind just to maintain control. I was not able to make it back to Oysters and ended up at the beach just below Genentech. The muck there was like the La Brea tar pit..you sunk knee deep in the muck. Took me 15 minutes just to walk out of there. I was thinking to myself,.. why didn't I stay home today and pluck the weeds instead Crying or Very sad
Carried my rig to the Oysters side of Genentech point and made it back to the launch totally humbled by today's session.

Top photo shows the hanger that housed the Flying Tigers cargo planes. Next shot is a view of Genentech.

Flying Tigers.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  680.66 KB
 Viewed:  12527 Time(s)

Flying Tigers.jpg

Tigers.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  613.76 KB
 Viewed:  12527 Time(s)

Tigers.jpg

ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island Access in AM 2017-05-30 Reply with quote

Started windsurfing at 6:30 AM with a 5.4 and 75L board (180 lbs.) and the wind dropped slowly throughout the morning.

2017-05-30 early AM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.38 KB
 Viewed:  12514 Time(s)

2017-05-30 early AM.jpg

windward1

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 5-30-2017 Reply with quote

Glad you were able to get yourself through the Brea Tarpits, Bert.

Was on the water by 12:11 at Natural Bridges. Wind light at the time and was planning on catching the south swell with the Sailing SUP (Angulo 10'-10") and the Ezzy 7.0 Cheetah. And so did as the wind picked up. Then it picked up more. But it was crazy up and down. 8 knots for a minute or two...then over twenty knots for a minute or two...then back and forth over and over. I was rigged correctly for the average, so it worked fairly well anyway. Just needed to line up with the swell and wind coming at the same time. Was not too difficult as the wind would last most of the ride in if I started at the right time.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Crissy on Tue Reply with quote

Tue is again blowing and blowing and blowing long into the night but I go biking Rolling Eyes

Last edited by dvCali on Wed May 31, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
cachaocachao

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tue: 4.2/90L upper berkeley between berkeley pier gap and Emeryville channel markers

Today, doing the same, Emeryville marina launch
bert

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Embassy on Wednesday Reply with quote

I'm like the old guy who goes to the park pond daily to feed the ducks. In my case it's usually different pond each day . Today at Embassy at 1pm..15 on the inside and 20 at the airport.

Embassy on Wed..jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  680.82 KB
 Viewed:  12327 Time(s)

Embassy on Wed..jpg

dvCali

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Crissy on Wed Reply with quote

Fun day at Crissy, starts with a good bang sunny and 4.3 but the fog rolls in and even if I am still powered I go back and take the 5.0. Back out nicely powered up and the fog little by little invades the Bay. First the bridge goes, then east of Fort Point, then is low fog that if you go out not even mid way hides the beach from view.

SAILING IN COTTON CANDY!!!!!

Lots of people out but we do not really see each other that well ... hei ... wait ... where is the Ferry now? A few kites on hydro, a couple of windsurfers on hydro too, but most on standard gear having fun ... if powered enough. 5.0 works well until I stop after 5 pm.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOGGY Shocked
dllee

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley 5.0 and 85, starting around 3:45, then changing to 86, but with double concaves for a much smoother ride, solid throughout the afternoon until fog rolls in at 6 for invisibility sailing.
windward1

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 05-31-2017 Reply with quote

Wow. Almost a crowd at Natural Bridges. Four folk with sails from 4.2 ( I think) to 5.8. The 5.8 guy showed a lot of endurance as he was out the longest and the wind was gusting over thirty out at the buoy. I was on a 5.2 and definitely overpowered on the outside. Ocean was beautiful with blues and greens to its colors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 186 of 329

Jump to: