myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 288, 289, 290 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
How about the racists in Fenway Park last night, staining a city that has struggled for years to accommodate athletes....
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19294487/boston-red-sox-apologize-fans-racial-taunts-baltimore-orioles-adam-jones

One moron and the city is racist...Please!!!

Boston is arguably the most liberal city in America...so I guess liberals must be racist right????? no their not

Stupid label put on a city/region that had a 2 term black governor, first black US senator, voted for Obama overwhelmingly twice, sent black troops to end slavery, and much more.
Boston got this label during the moronic school busing catastrophe in the seventies.

50,000 cell phones at the stadium last night and apparently no recordings ..

Hey Matty...Boston has been harsh to black athletes for decades...Today Kris Davis of the A's said, I hate playing in that place. The Boston Garden was notorious as well, and Cornbred Maxwell has written about it, and he was on the HOME team... Unfortunateley , its a city with a racist past. My freshman year at Syracuse we had a brother in my 8-boat at the Head of the Charles, you wouldn't believe the shit coming from the mouths of the prep school punks on the sidelines...
CC Sebathia, "Boston is the only city where I get the N-word."
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2017/05/02/racist-taunts-stir-ancient-pains-boston/o4p3DXlNGof6QbspBDjLUN/story.html
mac

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Waiting the slurs on Allen West, Condolesa Rice, Colin Powel, Senator Tim Scott, or any number of our conservative Black icons.

Nope? Disagreement of political ideology IS NOT RACISM.

True that--unless you use a slur or a dog whistle, as Matty always does, and as you often do.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/historically-black-university-texas-cancels-senators-speech-213246030.html

Quote:
(Reuters) - U.S. Senator John Cornyn will no longer deliver the commencement address at Texas Southern University this weekend, the school said on Friday, after U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos was booed at another historically black university.

More than 800 people signed a petition started by a Texas Southern University student who opposed the university's invitation to the Republican senator to speak at Saturday's graduation in Houston.

The petition said Cornyn's backing of DeVos and Attorney General Jeff Sessions, among other things, showed that he supported "discriminatory policies and politicians."

"We have the right to decide if we want to refuse to sit and listen to the words of a politician who chooses to use his political power in ways that continually harm marginalized and oppressed people," the petition said.

The university, which will graduate more than 1,100 students on Saturday, said every effort had been made to ensure its ceremony was a celebration that would be remembered for the right reasons.

Cornyn has been invited to meet with Texas Southern University students in the future, the school said in a statement.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another documented case of right wing liars and delusional idiots caught lying.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/12/9/1458583/-Mother-of-well-known-conservative-blogger-and-pundit-shoots-holes-in-his-story

Mother of well-known conservative blogger and pundit shoots holes in his story

Quote:
Ruh-roh. Erick Erickson, editor of RedState.com, has some explaining to do. It all started when he sent out the following tweet on the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor:

Follow
Erick Erickson ✔ @EWErickson
Growing up, I remember my parents never letting us have Asian food on December 7th. They were children of WWII.
5:45 AM - 7 Dec 2015
212 212 Retweets 162 162 likes
Twitter users far and wide ridiculed the tweet and mocked his family’s annual racist tradition and noted many of the people who lived in the area around Pearl Harbor at the time (and still do today) are Asian-American. Not to mention the fact that many countries in Asia were allies of the United States in WWII.

Just when Erick thought the drama was likely dying down, J.K. Trotter at Gawker reached out to his mother to confirm the story:

“I’ve never heard that before,” Erickson’s mother, Kathleen Erickson, told Gawker when we asked about Erickson’s statement in a telephone conversation this morning. After we read aloud her son’s tweet to her, she insisted, “Whatever you heard, I think that is completely your idea, I have never heard of that before. Somebody is making that up about my son.”
Well, that sounds a little different than Erick’s story. Reached again by Gawker, Erick’s mother went further:

Ms. Erickson added, “As far as Asian food, we love Asian food. As far as the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor, I’m very grateful that many of the Japanese people became Christian. We know many people who are Japanese, they are a very nice people.”
So, what say Erick Erickson now?

Follow
My 73 year old mother does not remember a 27 year old event, so it is a news story to attack me. At least the reporter was witnessed to.
1:00 PM - 9 Dec 2015
18 18 Retweets 21 21 likes
Ah. Now he seems to be insinuating it was a one-time event. But that isn’t what he’s been saying on Twitter for years.

9 Dec 15
Almaqah @_Almaqah
@EWErickson Erick, you said your parents called you up to remind you as recently as a few years ago
Follow
Almaqah @_Almaqah
@EWErickson pic.twitter.com/5736XeCVJs
1:06 PM - 9 Dec 2015
View image on Twitter
28 28 Retweets 114 114 likes
Follow
Being my parents' child, I know I cannot have Japanese for lunch today because it is Pearl Harbor Day. But that just makes me want it more.
9:21 AM - 7 Dec 2010
57 57 Retweets 43 43 likes
So, which is it? A total lie? A one-time event? Or an annual racist tradition to never eat Asian food on December 7th?

And one final note and a little food for thought—his defense seems to be that his mother, at age 73, is too elderly to possibly remember anything—yet nearly all the candidates he supports want to raise the retirement age in this country to age 70 years old. And the candidate he was eagerly defending just two days ago, Donald Trump, is 69 years old. He’d be 74 at the end of his (never going to happen) first term. Does Erick consider him to be too elderly for the office?

real-human

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alt right racist leader... remember, for these nazis-haters Russia is their friend... their words

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/5/13/1662147/-Torch-Wielding-White-Supremacists-March-on-Charlottesville

Torch-Wielding White Supremacists March on Charlottesville
Quote:

Several dozen torch-wielding protesters gathered in Charlottesville’s Lee Park just after 9 p.m. Saturday, chanting “You will not replace us,” “Russia is our friend” and “Blood and soil.”
After about 10 minutes, Charlottesville police arrived at the scene following an altercation between protesters. The crowd quickly dispersed with no further incidents, according to police.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose this is racist. ... Can anyone guess who the race is? Even though it's not a race..

A new report from the London Borough of Redbridge has revealed almost one in five of all child deaths in the area since 2008 were down to their parents being close relatives.
The statistic was discussed at a meeting of the Redbridge Council Health and Well-being Board on Monday, with the matter of child fatality being raised.

The council’s report found between 2008 and 2016, 19 per cent of child deaths in the borough were caused by infants being born to “consanguineous relationships” — marriage or otherwise sexual relations between couples who are first cousins or closer.

The recording year of 2009-10 saw the highest number of child deaths in the period. Of all deaths in that year, the second greatest cause was “chromosomal, genetic or congenital abnormalities”.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was maddy making calls recently?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/callers-threaten-texas-lawmaker-seeks-trump-impeachment-204333401.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

Quote:
HOUSTON (AP) — A black Texas congressman said Saturday that he's been threatened with lynching by callers infuriated over him seeking impeachment of President Donald Trump.

U.S. Rep. Al Green held a town hall meeting and played recordings of several threatening voicemails left at his offices in Houston and Washington, the Houston Chronicle reports .

The seven-term Democrat told the crowd of about 100 people that he won't be deterred.

"We are not going to be intimidated," Green said Saturday. "We are not going to allow this to cause us to deviate from what we believe to be the right thing to do and that is to proceed with the impeachment of President Trump."

One male caller used a racial insult and threatened Green with "hanging from a tree" if he pursues impeachment. Another man left a message saying Green would be the one impeached after "a short trial" and then he would be hanged, according to the recording.

Green took to the House floor on Wednesday to say he believes Trump committed obstruction of justice and no one's above the law.

Trump, a Republican, has dismissed criticism of his firing of FBI Director James Comey amid the agency's investigation of possible links between Russia and Trump campaign associates.

Green said he wanted his constituents to be aware of the hateful calls he's since received.

"When a person talks about lynching you, we think that's a pretty serious threat," said Green, a former president of the Houston branch of the NAACP, according to his congressional website.

___

Online:

http://algreen.house.gov/

mac

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(CNN)A man fatally stabbed two people and injured a third on a commuter train in Oregon's largest city Friday as people confronted him for "yelling a gamut of anti-Muslim and anti-everything slurs," a Portland police spokesman said.

Jeremy Joseph Christian, 35, was on a Metropolitan Area Express (MAX) light-rail train in Portland late Friday afternoon when he started yelling what "would best be characterized as hate speech toward a variety of ethnicities and religions," police said in news release.

Christian may have directed slurs at two young women who witnesses described as Muslim, one of whom was wearing a hijab, Portland police Sgt. Pete Simpson told CNN.

As two men tried to calm him down, Christian stabbed them and one other man, police said.

I hear that is mac's fault for not tolerating bigotry. After all, if we just ignore them they will stop--and the pipeline companies will clean up their spills and the oil refineries will protect their workers by maintaining their facilities.

The tooth fairy told me so.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I hear that is mac's fault for not tolerating bigotry.

"stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own."
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bigotry

a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bigot

Hmmm, does that sound like anyone we know?
mac

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP--you clearly aren't paying attention if you think my alarm over "Christianity" and white supremacy gone bad is bigotry.

Quote:
“It would be one thing for a candidate to throttle and hit a reporter, but to do so in the presence of other journalists, in this case a crew from the Fox News Channel, is just plain reckless.” This beautiful quote came from Chris Stirewalt, Fox News’ politics editor, about Greg Gianforte’s assault on a newspaper reporter the night before his special election in Montana. In other words, next time, don’t body slam the guy when our Fox crew is in the next room. It’s super awkward. Even if you win the election anyway.

I’m not sure what to say about Stirewalt’s incredible cynicism except that we’re becoming more like Russia every day that Donald Trump is president. Maybe by the end of his term, reporters’ bodies will be turning up in dumpsters. And honestly it really isn’t hyperbolic anymore to say that.

White rage is being restored to pre-civil-rights-era norms. We forget that this kind of physical violence was completely normal in our nation’s past as long as it was administered according to the terms of the social and racial hierarchy. For the most part, a gentleman did not hit a gentleman. That would be scandalous. But a rich white guy could hit a poor white guy. And white people could hit black people. That’s what we’re returning to. In Commerce, Texas, a local police chief arrested the 2016 Miss Black Texas and called her a bitch for going around his car that his 14 year old daughter was driving illegally. When Trump said that he could go out on Fifth Avenue and murder somebody in broad daylight, he didn’t realize that he was prophesying about the way that white men in positions of authority are regaining their right to do anything they want.

It is now perfectly acceptable for white billionaire congressional candidates to assault journalists. The local sheriff who gave money to Gianforte’s campaign had to charge him with a misdemeanor, but he didn’t put any handcuffs on him. Because he’s a white billionaire. And you don’t put handcuffs on white billionaires who are running for Congress. He just has to show up at court between now and June 7th. Would any black person in this country who was charged with assaulting somebody ever be given that kind of treatment? Just stop by the courthouse and say hello when it’s convenient over the next two weeks. Has that ever happened before with an assault charge?

Greg Gianforte is not just an average right-wing thug. He’s a fundamentalist Christian activist who funded the creationist Dinosaur and Fossil Museum in Glendive, Montana, which “proudly presents its exhibits in the context of biblical history,” showing human interactions with dinosaurs and things of that nature. Gianforte is also on the board of the Association of Classical and Christian Schools. In a 2015 address to the Montana Bible College, Gianforte said that the concept of retirement isn’t biblical because Noah worked on his ark when he was 600 years old.

Greg Gianforte is what toxic Christianity looks like. It’s white nationalism wrapped in a tokenistic use of the Bible and sexual puritanism that justifies the patriarchal defense of white women’s purity. This is what it’s always been about, even for the past four decades that it pretended to be about family values
. Family values is about returning to the social order in the good old days when everyone knew their place before the social chaos that came from the civil rights movement. Toxic Christian churches are very upfront about the primary solution they offer to our country’s social problems: put white men back in charge. And if it takes a little body slamming to get there, so be it.
But the ugliness of toxic Christianity is being laid bare for the whole world to see. This seems like the moment in Pinocchio when the boys on Pleasure Island are almost all the way transformed into donkeys. Five years ago, I prophesied that the American church was being exorcised in the same way as the Gerasene demoniac in Mark 5. Our demons are being cast into a herd of pigs that are racing furiously down a cliff to throw themselves into the lake of fire. The demonic pigs of 2012 were so tame compared to the demonic pigs of 2017. I’m just waiting for the part where they finally throw themselves off the cliff and the church wakes up in its right mind.

Consider this precious quote from Franklin Graham about Donald Trump’s election:
He did everything wrong, politically. He offended gays. He offended women. He offended the military. He offended black people. He offended the Hispanic people. He offended everybody! And he became president of the United States. Only God could do that.

It’s not just something unlikely happened so that proves there was a miracle. Being offensive has become the primary mark of Christianity for Graham’s tribe after decades of Christians defining themselves by their rage against political correctness. It was just something to write blog posts about when the white rage was confined to the internet. I’ve wondered for the last few years when it would cross over into open physical violence. Now that it has, will this violence become normal like it is in so many other countries? The irony is that the American exceptionalists are the ones who are pushing our democracy to the brink, while the ones who are the most critical and skeptical about America are jumping up and down screaming saying this can’t become normal because America is not supposed to be this way.

I don’t know to what degree God controls the outcome of presidential elections, but I do know that he exposes sin. When the founder of a creation museum and national Christian school network board member punches out a newspaper reporter, something is being made clear about a type of Christianity. The apostle Paul said that we can speak in tongues all day and come up with perfectly biblical expressions of theology, but if we lack love, it’s all worth nothing.

Unsurprisingly, Gianforte has won the election in spite of his thuggery. How long will toxic Christianity keep winning? Will it burn our country to the ground? I just want to live to see the age of whatever succeeds the Reagan age of American Christianity. Or else I want Jesus to come back and tell Greg Gianforte, Franklin Graham, every racist Texas police chief, and every other hateful white Christian man in our country to kiss his ass.http://www.patheos.com/blogs/mercynotsacrifice/2017/05/25/greg-gianforte-toxic-christianity-looks-like/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 288, 289, 290 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 289 of 457

Jump to: