myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Calema Clinic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montignp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Calema Clinic Reply with quote

The itch to sail has been getting pretty bad, but I'm too nervous to go out alone in the winter. Decided to book a mini-vacation to FL and signed up for a clinic with Tinho!

Hoping to be planing in the straps and at least attempting jibes at speed by the end of it. Waterstarts would be nice too. Is that greedy?

Also excited to potentially do some sailing with my dad, who introduced me to the sport as a kid. Neither of us had sailed in at least 10 years prior to me getting back into it last year. I rented a windsup on vacation in December and let him have a go, I think he's also had the itch since then. He's 69 now, should be interesting to see what he can do after so much time off. I'm hoping to get him on a shortboard for at least 10 minutes so he can see why I say its a totally different sport vs lake sailing on the 70s era one-design we used to have. Isn't there something they say about old dogs and new tricks?
outcast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun with your dad
The Clinic should be a perfect chance
and the new gear is so much betta!

fox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Calema Clinic Reply with quote

montignp wrote:
Hoping to be planing in the straps and at least attempting jibes at speed by the end of it. Waterstarts would be nice too. Is that greedy?
If you get a week of wind not at all. But Aruba would give you a better chance of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: