myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
summer in Europe ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windwaves

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 11:30 pm    Post subject: summer in Europe ? Reply with quote

Hi all,
unfortunately I will have to be in europe the end of july, so it would make a lot of sense for me to go windsurfing there (instead of my usual favorites in the Caibbeans and/or Oregon). But I cant really find out whether there are good windy places in the area. I thought Tarifa but does not seem great in that period... any idea, suggestions ?

best
giovanni
electricrock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 2:50 pm    Post subject: RE: summer in Europe ? Reply with quote

I used to live in England. I would spend my summers windsurfing in Vassiliki on the Greek Island of Lefkada.
Strong, reliable winds turn on like clockwork at 1pm everyday; the wind usually drops off around 7pm.

Try www.clubvassiliki.com
electricrock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 2:52 pm    Post subject: RE: summer in Europe ? Reply with quote

Sorry, that link is www.clubvass.com
JosefK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 7:53 pm    Post subject: RE: summer in Europe ? Reply with quote

Vassiliki sucks. Too many windsurfer.
If you wanna get nuclear wind, then I recommend the Canary Islands or Naxos,Paros,Karpathos in Greece.
debruyn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 8:09 pm    Post subject: RE: summer in Europe ? Reply with quote

Greece is THE place to go
Try, Rhodos, Kos or the
Cyclades(Naxos and Paros)
Good rentals available in all of the above.
johan_g

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 11:35 am    Post subject: RE: Pozo / Gran Canaria? Reply with quote

You should be lucky to be in Europe during the summer.

Pozo Gran Canaria have a wind ratio of 95% during june-aug. (Trade winds, accelerated by ventura effect).

Ground swells occur, but most of the time the swell is wind generated (but pretty big). Conditions are mostly side on shore, right foot first on the wave = lefts.

check out http://www.cutre.com

aloha

/johan

/johan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: