myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
being president is a joke to Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ironic that the majority of red states with Republican governors and state houses are the ones crying the blues about the economy and jobs.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs said:
Quote:
I'm not sure the word "masses" applies... HRC got the same number of votes as Obama in 2012, which was 2.6 Million more than DJT. DJT threaded the EC needle. Again, sheep and goats over humans.

Go ahead and ignore the EC. Popular votes for President ONLY count within the states. Total national popular vote counts for NOTHING. Never has and maybe never will.

Define masses however you wish, but they did elect Trump.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Q3...yes it is.

If that is the type of "expert" information you are giving your clients, they should be very afraid.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Q3...yes it is.

If that is the type of "expert" information you are giving your clients, they should be very afraid.

Its a GOVT published number, not quite sure what your hang up is. US GOVT real GDP grew at 3.2% in Q3 2016....pretty simple...anything else ?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Boggs said:
Quote:
I'm not sure the word "masses" applies... HRC got the same number of votes as Obama in 2012, which was 2.6 Million more than DJT. DJT threaded the EC needle. Again, sheep and goats over humans.

Go ahead and ignore the EC. Popular votes for President ONLY count within the states. Total national popular vote counts for NOTHING. Never has and maybe never will.

Define masses however you wish, but they did elect Trump.

I'm not ignoring the EC , just refuting the ridiculous claim that masses voted in Trump....
Can you imagine voter turnout if we scrapped the EC? I would bet we would see 75% participation....
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Are you or any other Republicans interested in raising the minimum wage to $15/hr.? I didn't think so.

MasayoshiSon, Softbank president today said, he would invest $50 billion dollars into the United States and create 50,000 jobs when he was at Trump tower. He went on to say that he would not make this investment in the United States if Trump had not been elected. This goes along way towards increasing the average wage in the United States without government involvement.

C'mon Chandler, lower your trousers and enjoy the ride man.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
swchandler wrote:
Are you or any other Republicans interested in raising the minimum wage to $15/hr.? I didn't think so.

MasayoshiSon, Softbank president today said, he would invest $50 billion dollars into the United States and create 50,000 jobs when he was at Trump tower. He went on to say that he would not make this investment in the United States if Trump had not been elected. This goes along way towards increasing the average wage in the United States without government involvement.

C'mon Chandler, lower your trousers and enjoy the ride man.

A true conservative would be appalled by this statement and by Trump's proposals. But those who use anecdotes to bolster their belief system, while ignoring the reality of trends do this all the time. The fake jobs in Indiana from carrier, and malibu fools mythical job bonanza pale beside the real jobs created merely in the most recent quarter. But the truly astonishing thing is the overwhelming approval given by Trumpists to the very idea that the government is the creator of jobs, and should pick the winners and losers according to the whims (or campaign contributors) of Trump. Astonishing.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Its a GOVT published number, not quite sure what your hang up is. US GOVT real GDP grew at 3.2% in Q3 2016....pretty simple...anything else ?

Boggsy, You are embarrassing yourself. GDP is not growing at 3.2% as you stated. It is growing at about 2% as it has throughout the past 8 years. A higher growth rate for a few weeks does not alter that. If you don't know that your clients should not be afraid, they should be terrified.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, maybe you can post a link that backs up your post. I have to know why MasayoshiSon's investment hinged on a Trump presidency. Also, I'd love to know more about what the 50 billion is going to create, where it's going to be spent, and the 50,000 jobs that will go with it.

But, back to my earlier post, and the idea of a $15/hr. minimum wage. Let's be honest, you could care less about helping out folks making dirt wages. In the past you bragged how you were hiring folks for a faction of what they were worth. Nothing like benefitting and profiting from folks that are down and out and hurting, right?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Chandler, I never bragged. This sadly is the reality of the Bush-Obama economy. I don't have anyone working for me who makes less than $15 per hour. Even day laborers make $15 now. But in the heartland of America people are hurting.

Masayoshi Son had a news conference today and stated clearly that he wouldn't be invesing $50 billion into America if it weren't for Trump.

CEO of Japanese telecom SoftBank says company will bring $50 billion and 50,000 jobs to US after meeting with Trump
Bob Bryan Dec 6, 2016, 3:44 PM ET Business insider.

Many videos online if you search
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 5 of 41

Jump to: