myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sunday/ gale warning!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marc5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tubes....interesting idea. I wonder if you could retrofit a suit without doing surgery. Just run hoses inside the suit. Might be a little uncomfortable getting inside the neck. Would be fun to try.

Or what about borrowing the design of the ski gloves with the valves for breath warming? Put the valves on palm-less mitts, blow into them while gripping the boom--or take your rear hand off the boom to blow.

Surfing the Great Lakes one winter (ice in the water) I frosted my hands using leaky mitts. It took about two years for the cold tingling sensation to go away. You can definitely damage your hands in the cold.
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc5 wrote:
Tubes....interesting idea. I wonder if you could retrofit a suit without doing surgery. Just run hoses inside the suit. Might be a little uncomfortable getting inside the neck. Would be fun to try.

I did exactly that to see if the tubes would work before buying my Ianovated suit. It works, but you get a lot of water into the suit where the tubes enter every time you fall. I bought the Ianovated suit right after the test, and have been happy with it ever since.

marc5 wrote:
Surfing the Great Lakes one winter (ice in the water) I frosted my hands using leaky mitts. It took about two years for the cold tingling sensation to go away. You can definitely damage your hands in the cold.

Yes you can. But the tubes in the Ianovated suit work so well that you can sail with open-palm mittens, even in temperatures around freezing. I don't usually sail when the air temperature drops below freezing, but I have had great sessions in the suit even when there was lots of slush in the water.

The original suits were great, but they had a dry suit zipper on the back that is a bit hard to close if you're sailing alone. The new Ianovated suits are now Prolimit suits with the tube system added, which I think is great - in addition to top-quality suits, you also get a wider choice in sizes. I have not tried those, though - I still have two of the original suits.
dcharlton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my Iannovative suit, served me well at Chapin yesterday. They really really do work and solve the cold hands problem.

DC
wdsurf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: IANOVATED suit Reply with quote

Just for anyone interested got a IANOVATED suit in the classifieds for sale like new Very Happy can,t buy this model anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: