myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I am getting this error all most constantly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctuna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: The only place I can't get signal with 4g is Waddell Reply with quote

The only place I can't get signal with 4g is Waddell
and I can't even get a phone signal there with at&t
so why pay an extra 4 bucks for wap.
I use the same access sites on the phone as on my pc.
ctuna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: todays lock up and error Reply with quote

todays lock up and error
For awhile I couldn't load the forums
and the myiw tab is still spinning right now.

error10122016.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  814.9 KB
 Viewed:  17806 Time(s)

error10122016.jpg

victor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see my post on another thread. whatever it was was affecting some other websites with banner ads, changing the ads and redirecting the browser to other sites.

adblock plus fixed it for me.
bmmiller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys and gals,

I just wanted to apologize for what's been going on. We're experiencing intermittent, but continuing issues with some of the legacy hardware that powers our classic iW/iK pages. We will be migrating these products to cloud-based server space soon (next week) and we expect this to bring a return to site stability. Thanks for your patience as we work to make these significant changes.

Regards,
Ben
cbknap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Dynamic Graph" on windsurf.com/windandwhere has been down for at least three days.....does not load any data at all.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=209&Isection=Current+Wind&siteID=209

From the DEVELOP menu it appears to be either a javascript or a CSS error....I'm not good enough at coding to say which.

I reported it to site administrators Friday AM but still is not working three days later.

The dynamic graph is the most useful function on windsurf...allows you to scroll back to yesterday, see the exact wind by mousing over data points, and scroll forward to the next day to view the WRF model.

Guess I will have to start emailing site administrators directly....
ctuna

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Yeah i noticed that to Reply with quote

Yeah i noticed that to so its not just you .
I am less willing to make a fuss this time of year
since the weather is crappy.
They dropped the NWS bar out of it a long time ago
and never put it back in to.
global.iwindsurf is working for this but you can't hover
over and individual data point and get all the info like you can
on the classic version though.
cbknap

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ctuna:

You can add the NWS forecast under the "options" tab in the scroll bar....when the dynamic graph is working, that is.
ctuna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: From weather flow today. Reply with quote

We apologize for any inconvenience, but the code for our old dynamic wind graph has broken. We are not going to be able to build that exact one again soon. We do have a new dynamic wind graph, which you might come to like once you get used to it. We apologize again, and hope that our new dynamic wind graph, on our new website, will be acceptable to you.

The new dynamic wind graph can be found on the iWindsurf.com website by viewing the wind graph of the sensor you would like to see and selecting "Detailed" in the upper right of the graph.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We would be more than happy to help.

Kind Regards,
Maureen Sanders
WeatherFlow Support

How can code break?
No backups?
New Site can not display text for past data points like
temp, direction high low gusts only the current reading.
jmakers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Dynamic graph woes Reply with quote

Quote:
The dynamic graph is the most useful function on windsurf...allows you to scroll back to yesterday, see the exact wind by mousing over data points,

Yes!!!!! "see the exact wind [and time] by mousing over data points"
I often go back and correlate my experience with yesterday's wind at a given time to help decide what to rig the next day. This can be really crucial when rushing out after work and don't have time to suss the wind at the shore. This is what I've paid for year over year to iwindsurf.

Quote:
We do have a new dynamic wind graph, which you might come to like once you get used to it. We apologize again, and hope that our new dynamic wind graph, on our new website, will be acceptable to you.

Nope, sorry, I've really tried; it may be "dynamic" but it doesn't have all the right dynamics. (Plus the heavy contrast between the background white and the bluegrey iwindsurf logo makes viewing the graph very difficult, it wasn't bad on the old site graphics.)

Quote:
How can code break?
As an occasional web developer, I can attest that when key underlying modules (e.g. php) get upgraded for various reasons (security, feature enhancements, deprecation of lesser used features), web code relying on those can suddenly be "broken". It may be possible to make code rewrites that will work with the new modules, but this can be difficult and time consuming. Now if they've moved the old page code to clouudservers, it may be more difficult for them to support old code with new modules possibly required there (and obviously not where they want to focus now).

Quote:
I am less willing to make a fuss this time of year
since the weather is crappy.
This is the BEST time of year for my area -- so I am keen to make a fuss.

I guess I should have spent more time reviewing and offering suggestions to the new site when it was first in beta and first out and they were soliciting feedback, but I found it so hard to work with at first (finding my site, etc.) and so far from what I liked, I made only a few comments then.

Sailflow, iWindsurf: if you're listening: PLEASE MAKE THE INDIVIDUAL DATAPOINTS' DATA AVAILABLE -- either by mouseover or text listing or ???

PLEASE REDUCE THE CONTRAST of the less important parts of the graph (the logo) or move the logo for the central focus area of interest so it is not so difficult for old eyes to read what we want to see -- the wind speed!

PLEEEEAAAASE!
ctuna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Hope you have relayed this info to them Reply with quote

Hope you have relayed this info to them

"but I found it so hard to work with at first (finding my site, etc.) and so far from what I liked, I made only a few comments then. "

This is why I still prefer the old iwindsurf for most stuff.
And they said they would support it.

Before it broke and was diluted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: