myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Carolla NC here I commeth....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derikthin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Update::

Been here for two days now =)! We rolled into Carolla at like 8am. Leaving at midnight was the best idea/tip ever.

Went to "historic Carolla". It was a bayside area where I was told I could launch from, and it was true! Had a really nice shady spot to park the truck and lay a blanket and relax after the 7.5 hour journey. Used the long board with a 6.8 and got a bunch of runs in. First few laps did not last long as I had but two hours of sleep and had been up since 11:30 the night previous. The lady at the desk had told me about water moccasins, but I didn't think anything off it. When I was finished with my first go about I put my sail rig in the shade and came back for my board to see a snake heading from my board to the grass... So the lady was not elaborating hahah.

Beach is 800 feet from our house this year. Water temp is 65 degrees so I'm glad I decided to pack the spring suit haha. I only got one run in the ocean today. Got a late start, we had dinner on the way and juggling kids and our little guy got sick =(. He's ok.

First time in ocean. Low rolling waves but I can see how that can get scary with a board and sail etc. went out turned around and came back without really catching a wave, but first time and I was in a time crunch. Had fun, fell in and got cooled off. Tomorrow is another day.

Will make a trip down south at some point to hit up the windsurfing shop hopefully.

Unpacking my 125 liter and noticed a small hole/crack. For got to bring marine epoxy patch goop ... Gotta find some now invade wind picks up.

Going to bed now... Almost midnight, duck doughnuts in the am. Had a nice cigar and beer tonight =).
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water temp 65 degrees! You must have hit an upswell of cold water. It's 15 - 20 degrees warmer further South. More in the Sounds. Another reason to load up the truck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: