myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Formal Request for Local Baja Sensor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't having a I windsurf station there just add to the crowds, and bring in non locals, like me from San Francisco, who don't want to drive all the way to PSC?
I have sailed K-39.5 back in the mid '80's, so don't know where Raul's is, but with a weather station there, I might drive down once a decade.
jc_surfsail

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
Wouldn't having a I windsurf station there just add to the crowds, and bring in non locals, like me from San Francisco, who don't want to drive all the way to PSC?
I have sailed K-39.5 back in the mid '80's, so don't know where Raul's is, but with a weather station there, I might drive down once a decade.

Zirtaeb, We would be happy to see a few more sailors down there. There used to be a sensor down there, and it was a little more crowded, but I would rather be down there sailing with you then wondering at home if it was any good.
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:

Rauls and Carlos are two entirely different animals, different wave setup, wind setup, and experience. There different like Kanaha and Hookipa or Waddell and Davenport. But feel free to come on down and sail its always good to see new faces.
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always hated PSC, just too remedial, mushy, soft, slow, and predictable, not like any real surfsailing site, but more like the idea beginner surf sailor setup.
I like sailing Punta Abreojos, where you can get sideshore wind and waves at 4 different spots, from just outside Surfer's Beach (we call it 3 poles, to the finger jetties just upwind of that, to Boneyard at the DeSal Plant, and then if the winds really clock northerly, to the wide sandy beach you can do doughnuts on in your truck.
One trip, hard to believe, we actually got to ride the Federally Marine point right break, with side offshore winds, filled in so my 275 lbs bud could actually get upwind after riding the 300 yard right point wave. That was a classic! Like triple Leo Carillo with no buoys or surfers.
We used to surf at K-39, too shifty for me, and windsurf about half a mile downwind of the surfer's beach. Like in the mid '80's.
jc_surfsail

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get back on track here - Sensor install @ local Baja.

I found the perfect install location, on top of Jesus's Head!

Hey Zirtaeb, On your way down to Abreojos next time could you hijack one of the 20+ real time sensors you got at the Bay area and slap it up on Jesus's head.

Thanks! Very Happy

Sensor spot.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.15 KB
 Viewed:  11763 Time(s)

Sensor spot.jpg

Tigabox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: