myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Olympic Coverage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momedove

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 11:05 pm    Post subject: Olympic Coverage? Reply with quote

Anyone have any Olympic updates, access or coverage of the Windsurfing events in OZ? Will it be televised? Any info would be appreciated.
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 12:41 am    Post subject: RE: Olympic Coverage? Reply with quote

YES!!! The wizard Will be Smacking the lip of 30 footers in 80 knot winds. He will be competing for the purple in the foam event, then its the flippen tin man after the yellow in the brick it off the witch event. You can catch the action on your local channel #1.

happy rippen it in oz!!
joeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
bketcham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 5:09 pm    Post subject: RE: Olympic Coverage? Reply with quote

I did see some ice-sailing and skiing going on in OZ. It is the cold season in the southern hemisphere. It would be hard for Austraila to hold the winter Olympics.
umba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Olympic Coverage? Reply with quote

Local channel #1? Is that local in Australia? Are you aware of any other press coverage of Windsurfing events?
dmaxd03

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 7:37 am    Post subject: RE: Olympic Coverage? Reply with quote

Well, considering that olympic sailing recieves the prime time 230 am highlights of sailing competition spot, Id say that unless you plan to go south in the next few days you wont see too much of it anyway. But then again why would you want to. You can watch every event of gymnastics and see documentaries on the gymnists ex wives sisters who have cancer and are dying but oh so enlightened to see an kasjakbleckistani win the medal. How could you be anything but glued to the tv.
boracayboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 10:26 am    Post subject: RE: Olympic Coverage? Reply with quote

The only coverage your gonna get is on CNBC. Sometime between 5 - 7 PM each night they have a sailing report. However its 95% boats & 5% board. You can also go to NBCs Olympic website and dig your way to the results section, however they havent been real good about updates. Currently they have Gebhart in 8th after 4 races and Lanee is 13th.

Mark
boredhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 6:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Olympic Coverage? Reply with quote

I want some of what joeyyys smokin.
jhanrah1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 2:45 am    Post subject: RE: Olympic Coverage? Reply with quote

I cought a glimps of the windsurfing while I was working around the house, but befor I could put a tape in to record it, it was over. I did record the rest of the sailing though all 5min.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: