myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
HUGE Shout Out to the Helpful Kiter at the Hatch Today....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anderson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: HUGE Shout Out to the Helpful Kiter at the Hatch Today.... Reply with quote

Thanks so much! I watched you help an SUP'er doing a crazy downwinder without a life jacket (I think) and no leash who was separated from his board, east of the Hatch. You beat me to him and dragged him to Wells Island, and ended his day in a positive way. As a windsurfer, I don't think I could have been as efficient in saving him as you were. I then tried to windsurf to his SUP, but it was endo-ing like crazy and I couldn't catch up. I hope it hammered into Wells. You're super self-less and very skilled. I know that would effort have ended your day, but the Karma will continue for you for a long time. I would have also posted on iKitesurf, but I couldn't locate the forum.
Thanks Dude.
hilton08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: helpful windsurfer Reply with quote

I also witnessed an amazing display of sailing skill (and helpfulness) at the Hatch yesterday as Nathan Mershon (windsurfer) sailed up to a loose kite surfboard and was able to grab it and sail (fully planing in very gusty 3.7 conditions) to deliver the board back to it owner, all without ever dropping his sail in the water.
Good job Nathan!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: