myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Saturday at Coyote Reply with quote

Got my ass kicked today at Coyote as the wind ramped up from 15 to 25 within 15 minutes. Rigged 6.6/152L when I should have waited and gone 4.7/85L. Held on for 45 minutes and called it quits. The Techno is terrible in chop.
tstizzle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Saturday at Coyote Reply with quote

bert wrote:
The Techno is terrible <del>in chop.</del>
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Stick June 26 Reply with quote

Very up an down day at Stick. I get there at 2pm and wonder if to rig 4.3. Decide for 5.0 go out for a good 45' of ... boredom ... marginally powered up is no fun at the Stick (unless one freestyles). Than the wind drops: a lot! and I body drag to shore Shocked Half an hour later it comes back. Now on the outside is blowing: overpowered 5.0 is fun and there are even little swells on the south side. Than it drops and drops and body drag again to shore and call it off.

6-12 people out trying to do something in the shifting winds. Tomorrow Crissy. Very Happy

Last edited by dvCali on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
windoggi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I rig a 6.5, I get overpowered. Today was no exception at Isabel. Fun though.
aeolian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Shoreline Reply with quote

Good times! Already hooked.

Wind was theoretically stronger at Shoreline today. Flag looked great, but lake surface not ripply enough to match. Bunch of people out though. Big sails were staying on plane.

johnarmitage wrote:
I first planed on Narragansett Bay in Rhode Island, on my original Windsurfer, in 1988.

I got a boner.
bert wrote:
aeolian,
Glad to get some input from Shoreline. I learned to longboard there in 1984. Actually thought about sailing there today because it's only 10 minutes from my home and the commute to further sites are becoming a pain. You must have been sailing after 4 to get the 17 mph reading. Sounds like you're really close to getting into both straps. Once that happens you may be hooked for life Cool
bert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Stick on Monday Reply with quote

4.7/90L at the Stick from 1 to 3. Should have gone 4.2/80L instead. Been told by the regulars that it's been a good year at the Stick with some occasional outliers. Did mostly tacks with a few duck jibes thrown in. Wind went up to 30 after I left.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Stick on Monday Reply with quote

bert wrote:
4.7/90L at the Stick from 1 to 3. Should have gone 4.2/80L instead. Been told by the regulars that it's been a good year at the Stick with some occasional outliers. Did mostly tacks with a few duck jibes thrown in. Wind went up to 30 after I left.

Stick was the place to be. I was at Crissy and the wind was way outside and west of the regular launching spot. Not very much fun with the Firelight 6.0, most people out with 5.0 but it was spooky with a clear wind hole right over Point Anita! September conditions ... Shocked Back at Stick tomorrow.
LeeD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last 3 days, very good slalom conditions at Berkeley, with sail sizing from 6 up to 8 workable, smoother waters, and steady lighter winds.
I used 5.8 and 95 liters on Sat., 6.0 and 109 on Sunday, and watched it on Monday from too much bad tennis.
windsrf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, maybe there is something to tennis after all? I missed being caught by the sudden drop at PI today, also mostly due to too much AM tennis. Either that or unusually good Karma.....
cachaocachao

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: monday Circle Reply with quote

4.0/90L greatness with great swells Olympic Circle 4:30, then comfy sailing til 5:30 with pulse wind towards the end. Doing it again today!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 139 of 329

Jump to: