myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
lake Isabella
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fire map as of this morning.

Map-Erskine-Fire-226-am-PDT-June-24-2016.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.36 KB
 Viewed:  5942 Time(s)

Map-Erskine-Fire-226-am-PDT-June-24-2016.jpg

spennie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wind Junkies!

I’m sure you’ve all heard about the devastation that the Erskine fire has brought to the Lake Isabella area. I thought it would be great if the windsurfing community came together and showed our support for the people around the area.

A quick aside: On the ABC7 news this afternoon, a reporter was standing in a cul-de-sac in South Lake, saying that in her many years as a journalist, she’d never seen such total devastation. Around the cul-de-sac were the ashes of several homes that had been burned to the ground, literally, leaving only blackened stumps of walls now 12” high.

I wrote to Eva Hollmann and asked her if she would accept donations, to be used however she saw fit, since I have a distrust of large organizations, and have seen how money is wasted on their bureaucracies, sometimes only leaving 10 or 15% for the actual recipients. Eva thought this was an excellent idea, but asked that the money be sent to some friends of hers who run a church that is helping those suffering from the aftermath of the fire.

So now we have a way to help that will see 100% of our donations go to the people that really need it! I checked, and it’s a secure site set up for this purpose. Debi & I just donated $200., but any amount would help. Please join us & help these people whose lives have been shattered by this tragedy. Thank you.

https://fcdonations.churchcenteronline.com/giving/to/erskine-fire-fund

-Spennie

superkraut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for everybody's concern and good wishes!! None of our immediate windsurfing friends came to harm or lost their homes, but this thing is a monster - 30,000 acres burned in 24 hrs, only 5% containment, and the winds still howling at 30+.
Many areas are still evacuated, roads closed, power out, and communication disrupted, so we won't know the true extent for a while yet.
I'll update as facts become available - and do keep those positive thoughts coming!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: