myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
S2Maui Alchemy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shahn1508

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: S2Maui Alchemy Reply with quote

Used a 4.7 in wound conditions at Rio Viento. Great sail and proof that 5 batten sails still rock. Quick to power or go neutral. If you are a Delta sailor, try these!!
ctuna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: What have you been riding? Reply with quote

What have you been riding?
How would you compare it to that?
What mast did you use?
Do you think this has multiple applications like
freestyle and wavesailing ?
How would you compare it to a Maui Legend or Ghost?
shahn1508

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently ride 2014 Ezzy Elites. So, it's like comparing apples and oranges. I like the Elites but I had previously used Naish Sessions. The Alchemy feels like a higher-performing Session.
Definite all-around Delta sail. Used it with 2014 Tabou 3s ltd, 86 liter, and the combo was perfect. Based upon the way the sail switches from power/ no power, good for waves and freestyle. Plus, it felt pretty light in my hands.
Can't compare to Maui Sails because I haven't used them.
Regarding mast, I'm not sure because this wasn't my rig.
fxop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi -- I just got two Ezzy Elite 2015's, replacing my very old Ezzy's. When overpowered the old Ezzy's just loaded up and felt terrible. The new ones seem to do the opposite, get mushy. Any rigging advice? I am trying to follow the millimeter downhall accuracy in the rigging guide.

(apologies for the diversion)

fxop
shahn1508

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fxop wrote:
Hi -- I just got two Ezzy Elite 2015's, replacing my very old Ezzy's. When overpowered the old Ezzy's just loaded up and felt terrible. The new ones seem to do the opposite, get mushy. Any rigging advice? I am trying to follow the millimeter downhall accuracy in the rigging guide.

(apologies for the diversion)

fxop

What mast do you use?

Mine sail mushy through the entire power band. Their range is amazing but they feel like slingshots - slight delay and then bam, you're off to the races. That is why comparing them to other sails is like comparing apples and oranges. Nonetheless, they are great sails.

I believe the 2015s went to the "s" panel in the midsection, just like many other sails. My 2014s have a different panel.

You should email Ezzy. They will get right back to you and suggest rigging options to solve your problems. Their customer service seems to be just about the best in the industry.
fxop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>What mast do you use?

I'm on the old Ezzy masts. I'm downhauling about half as much on the new sails as on the old ones, following the rigging markers provided. Huge difference in downhaul tension.

You're right, I should get in touch with Ezzy.

Thanks,
fxop
shamran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rented it on Maui from Second Wind. It was great. I really liked it. Quite light. I asked Kevin, the store owner, about the masts and he said Maui Sails masts are great. They rent it with Maui Sails Gladiators.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: