myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday surge at Berkeley. Powered up fun for all!
dllee

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun day, with real readings again.
6.0, 5.6, 4.5, all well powered, and latter two with a Naish 8'5"er.
Kinda dead inside.
Almost back to the old days, when "22-30" meant 4.2 for me, a 150 lbs'er.
windsrf

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pt. Isabel was rocking. Like the Good Old Days with steady winds, etc. Nicely powered on 5.5, sometimes wishing it were a 5.0. Maybe season has actually arrived?
victor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: P.San Quentin Reply with quote

does anyone know if the lone windsurfer out at pt.san quentin got back to the launch last night?
stcyp66

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: P.San Quentin Reply with quote

victor wrote:
does anyone know if the lone windsurfer out at pt.san quentin got back to the launch last night?

I left the spot by 6pm and he was still on the water. Did you spot him later?
Thanks!
victor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left a little before 6. he was pretty far downwind fighting the flood on his inbound tack and ending up closer and closer to the bridge.

i called the san rafael police and asked if they could send thier boat out to look for him.

not a good place to go out alone on a flood especially late in the day.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pleasant Monday session at Isabel. Starting to get the new sensor dialed in. In the old days, 17 meant go. 20 is the new 17.
bert

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Sunday and Monday at Palo Alto Reply with quote

Old school power sailing at Palo Alto in 12 to 15 mph winds the last 2 days. Was on 8.0 Retro and a 152L Bic Techno that was a giveaway last October from some old fella who unloading all his gear as he hadn't sailed in 7 tears and was retiring from windsurfing. The board was mint and came with 4 deep tuttle Curtis race fins. First time using the board and the sonofabitch hauls ass..seems that this particular Techno was race oriented with full carbon construction. He also gave me a 490 and 520 mast in primo condition so I made out like a bandit. Will use the board with my 8.0 and 9.5 when I'm not using the Kona longboard..pretty soon I'll need an 18 wheeler to haul all my gear Rolling Eyes
windward1

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Bic Techno 152. It is a great all around board that does a little bit of everything well. One can cruise the coast and play in the waves along the way. Its rocker line seemed to have five gears. As the wind picked up, so did it and as one accelerated it seemed to actually shift through gears. I have not felt any other board that I have tried quite like it.
gerritt

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Third on Monday - Watch OUT! Reply with quote

So I consider yesterday a bonus. Sailed from 5:30 - 7:00 on a 5.0 with 94 liters and was nicely powered near the channel marker.

Of note, just inside and below the channel marker we have a new hazard. There is an approximately 6" diameter pipe (possibly a boat mast) that appears to be hung up on the sandbar. It would rise up out of the water about 2 feet and then sink back down. I have no idea how long it is, but it was protruding at an angle and then disappearing. Hitting this thing at speed could be deadly.

Does anyone have contact information for shipping hazards? Some govt agency should come out and haul this thing away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 127 of 329

Jump to: