myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Slalom board charters for USWA Nationals in Corpus Christi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Slalom board charters for USWA Nationals in Corpus Christi Reply with quote

The number of longboarders who will come is increased by the ability to charter Kona boards & rigs through Sandy Point Progressive Sports. Some of those sailors will ride a Kona in the slalom races.

I think the Nationals can attract more racers if there is a way to provide charter shortboards & rigs for the slalom races. I think this forum can be used to link up the providers who can bring extra boards & rigs with the sailors who need them.

Sailors who want to consider chartering a board & rig to ride in slalom races post a reply here with details about the equipment sizes you want to ride.

Potential suppliers (dealers or individuals) who want to consider providing charter shortboards & rigs post a reply here with details about the equipment you are willing to rent out.

Please use private messages for making arrangements/deals.

I hope this works.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slalom sailors are some of the most picky windsurfer's in the sport, feeling like they NEED their "best" board, all 3 of their sails, 2 of their booms, and 2 of their fins. Besides masts needed, it's not much more money or effort to bring their boards.
Why not have "production" class slalom", using freeride boards that can be easily sold after the event, or stored for other events? Would be half the cost if you use Bic Medium Technos.
gregnw44

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I agree with the idea... and with the practical equipment idea. In my opinion, only top guys realize a huge benefit from top of the line slalom gear. Other's may realize a small benefit from it... I don't think I'd realize any benefit, from it.
When I do a slalom race, I'm always late for the start, and I fall during jibes... so special gear makes no difference to me. And there are others like me.
If a company brought some all round free ride boards... in a durable build. They could rent them out. Stock fins are fine... and a basic sail line is fine.
The hard part would be bringing enough sails, in various sizes.
But boards would be easy. Some 100 l boards, and some 130 l boards, would work for many people.
Anyway, yes I agree this would raise participation a bit more.
Greg.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: