myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
mistral : Cheap Construction , Expensive Prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mirhosseini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 4:14 pm    Post subject: mistral : Cheap Construction , Expensive Prices Reply with quote

I wanted to warn all windsurfers regarding the flimsy mistral boards. It is apparent to me that mistrals main objective is to maximize its profit by sacrificing quality in manufacturing its boards.

These boards may look good in their appearance but have some serious structural defects.

After reporting of such defects to the company, they sent a representative who started to BS about the reason for such defects and when I told him that I will share my opinion on the internet with other windsurfers he replied : why do you want to that, this is how I make my living, if we replace every board with defect, we wont survive!! I must add that he was shouting.

My suggestion to all windsurfers considering buyning a sailboard is to stay away from Mistral
boards. Youre much better off buying them from your local manufacturer who at least take much more responsibility for what they sell to their customers and also youre supporting your local community.

Multi-national compaies such as mistral simply dont care about what you and I think. They have lost their connections with their customers and all they care about is their profit margin!!!

Personally I will never buy another mistral board ever again!

Mir M. Hosseini
jimithej

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 10:00 pm    Post subject: RE: mistral : Cheap Construction , Expensive Prices Reply with quote

Structural defects?
What are you talking about? Dings are not structural defects! Your board is in amazing shape considering the fact that you patched a ding in the rail with out first draining the water out of the board!

Lets see, your board is a year and a half old and has a ding in the rail and a 3 patch on the nose where who knows what happened. Because of this you deserve a free board? Because of this all Mistral boards are cheap? You have dents and scratches all over the rails of your board yet you have the audacity to blame Mistral for a ding in the rail?

If you thought the ding was Mistrals fault why did you wait for more than a year before you tried to have it warranted? And if you really thought you had a valid warranty claim, why would you include a threat in your warranty claim?

As a sales rep I do my best to replace any defective boards. But there has to be at least some evidence of a defect. Something more than a ding in the rail or a patched nose. As most sailors know, those things can happen to any board.

One last thing, if you are going to quote someone, you should really make an effort to be more accurate. I did not say we could not afford to replace every defective board. I said we could not replace every dinged board. Do you understand the difference?

Jim Johnstone
Mistral Sales Rep
mirhosseini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 3:00 am    Post subject: RE: mistral : Cheap Construction , Expensive Prices Reply with quote

Oh Please!!! Stop BSing the public. Just because windsurfers like me who do not know all the technical aspects of sailboard constructions people like you have gotten very rich selling heavily advertised inferiorly constructed boards.

Id like to see how do you respond to the message titled MISTRAL IS BAD! VERY BAD!! on 5\24\00 and many other such messages.

I hope more windsurfers become aware of MISTRALs
true nature, as many already are.

My final message for you Jim is: GET A JOB!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: