myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Krashing Kites
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbacon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 4:57 pm    Post subject: Fags, Consideration and Relaxation Reply with quote

Wow ... I thought we were all in this for fun ... silly me.
OK ... repeat after me ... good things in, bad things out .... good things in, bad things out ...

1) Frustrated negativity has nothing to do with being a fag. Luckily, around here weve got more fags than we do angry people.
2) Kiting is definately a sport which has more impact on those around us than windsurfing ... so, weve got to be considerate ... like be aware that your kite can wreak havok on a fairly large area around you.
3) People are intimidated by kites ... I see windsurfers keeping their eyes glued to my kite when I have to area theyre sailing in.
4) To repeat others ... part of the reason we kite is because the gear is lighter and more transportable ... take a little hike down the beach from the windsurfers and we can co-exist nicely.
5) Havent you ever seen a beginning windsurfer/skier/whatever do exactly what some beginning kiters do? They arrive at the destination and lay out their gear all in the way, of course taking lots of time since theyre not used to rigging. Offering up some helpful advice is a lot more helpful than getting angry. Try it ... you might feel a lot better!
6) As far as the concept of demanding the right of way ... wow ... unreal dude.

Ive always viewed windsurfing and kitesurfing as a great way to relieve frustration. Yaall ought to just relax a bit. This earths big enough for all of us to enjoy!

from SF ... where a fag is a fag and most people are pretty good natured.
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 3:16 am    Post subject: RE: Fags, Consideration and Relaxation Reply with quote

What??
Good Things In??
You being in SF and saying that scares me!!
I think I Might feel more safer at Cabrillo than SF.
who knows what definitions in SF Are Put to sailing terms like:
mast, or port hole, or sea-men.
being brain dead at Cabrillo might not be so bad after all ......
AS for kiters, Well;
No coment.
puaa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 9:47 pm    Post subject: RE: Krashing Kites Reply with quote

Brah....
take a salt pill!!

I have been a windsurfer for 15 years, five of those on Maui. I now kite surf.
The problems cited by most of these messages reflect beginning kitesurfers. Much of the claimed encounters here sound like fabrications or propoganda to me!

Proficient kitesurfers can come so close to one another that they often slap hands on the fly. These same kiters can easily thread a thick crowd of sailors while flying kite high and staying fully plaining and having fun.

The last time I was out on the south shore with a large number of windsurfers, I was cruising among them for two hours. When I came to shore to land my kite, one local sailor past me, dropped his gear at waters edge, ran up the beach and landed my kite, gave me a shaka and jumped back on his gear and headed out for more fun!

This is the future of the sport! Proficient cruising and fun all around.
See you all on the water.
Ill be the guy smiling!

Vern
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: