myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
twisting Footstraps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frenchy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 12:41 pm    Post subject: twisting Footstraps Reply with quote

I just bought JP freeride 265, great board but my foot strap keepo twisting.
Does anyone has a solution for this problem?
frenchy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 7:38 am    Post subject: RE: twisting Footstraps Reply with quote

Thanks for your tips, I will try them one after the other startingopenning the strap.
frenchy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 7:46 am    Post subject: RE: twisting Footstraps Reply with quote

Dear Sylvain,

I totally agree with you for the price at which they are slling their boad, they should be flawless. I will try to get something from the manufacturer. I dont know if I go further than a phone call to the customer but in the meantime I will try to fix the problem using some solutions given by Prozac

Thanks again
frenchy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 6:49 am    Post subject: RE: twisting Footstraps Reply with quote

I try to tighnten the screws but I am scared to pop of the insert from the board. I like your pad idea, but I think that I am going to cut a piece of old wetsuit and put it in between the board and the straps. The neoprene should do the job.

I hope for the best

Thanks again for your input.

By the way does anybody know the phone number of JP. I went to their site but did not find anything.
spyder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 5:18 pm    Post subject: RE: twisting Footstraps Reply with quote

I looked around for the JP-Australia phone contact, but
I have a feeling they are down for now. From what I understand, this board was shaped by Thommen of F2, and JP went on their own. Probably they are in a state of flux right now. If you try to go the jp-australia website you get redirected to F2s website, and there is NO mention of JP boards!!!! (note the maui project)

JP is an AWESOME board! I sailed the Wave 250 all week in Maui. Great!
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 12:18 am    Post subject: RE: twisting Footstraps Reply with quote

Dear Frenchy,
Contrary to what others have said to you, I myself really like the twisting and do NOT consider it a flaw at all. For Me, its a good thing and They work great for High Performance... Check most all Custom High performance boards out and ask the people who ride them and youll find the same feeling...THINK If the foot strap doesnt move a little, then your foot does!! (ouch!!!) If you dont like the twist and want a more rigid strap, then change it. You are the one riding it and its your comfort that counts!!!
frenchy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 6:42 am    Post subject: RE: twisting Footstraps Reply with quote

Thanks for the feed back I over heard that JP was trying to leave F2 and go on its own, but this is just a Rumor
By the way I really like your comments about JP 250 wave because I am actually considering to purchase this board as my high wind tool.
mickydora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2000 11:10 pm    Post subject: RE: twisting Footstraps Reply with quote

Well said 4 is way better than 2.
In my opinion a rigid strap has more
control. But some people are twisted.
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 12:50 am    Post subject: RE: twisting Footstraps Reply with quote

yeah, twisted is the way we air timers like it........... up and twisted!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: