myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Keep Candlestick Windy-Attend the hearing this Thursday10/29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsiskind2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Keep Candlestick Windy-Attend the hearing this Thursday10/29 Reply with quote

I hope you'll plan to join me this Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 7:30pm at BRISBANE CITY HALL 50 Park Place, Brisbane. For the hearing on the proposed Bay lands development up wind of Candlestick

"This hearing will focus on addressing issues related to public services and facilities, recreation, utilities and service systems, and water supply. Considerations that the Planning Commission might want to take into account when making their recommendations to the City Council pertaining to environmental considerations, land use, and future development of the Baylands will also be discussed. Future hearings will continue to focus on the environmental resource topics included in the Brisbane Baylands EIR...."

The more of us who attend the louder our message will be heard. We can't stop this development but we can urge the planners to keep their downwind neighbors in mind during the planning process and try to minimize their impact on the stick wherever they can.
chand2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Brisbane Planning Commission Meeting Reply with quote

I will be at the council meeting, but I cannot get up in front of everyone and speak.

It would be nice to have a few people talk. Will anyone help out?
buzzwordbrad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Brisbane Planning Commission Meeting Reply with quote

chand2 wrote:
I will be at the council meeting, but I cannot get up in front of everyone and speak.

It would be nice to have a few people talk. Will anyone help out?

Yes everyone who has time and interest should definitely. All you have to do is stand up and say how important this location is to you. Don't worry about making any technical arguments if you don't want to get into that.

For your reference, comments for this hearing have been submitted and can be read here:

http://www.keepitwindy.org/BaylandsFEIRResponse10-27-15.pdf

The original set of comments submitted for the DEIR can still be found here:

http://www.keepitwindy.org/pdf/CPACommentsFinal_Complete.pdf
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of my preparation for public hearings includes preparing a one-page, self-explanatory summary of my points which I can physically submit whether or not I speak. It provides a record of what I said, supplants their memory and transcription process, includes my contact information, gives me something to hit them over the head with, and can include italics, SHOUTING, and emoticons if I so choose. It has helped many times in a wide variety of local, state, and federal level hearings, caucuses, and fact- and opinion-gathering meetings.
buzzwordbrad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Part of my preparation for public hearings includes preparing a one-page, self-explanatory summary of my points which I can physically submit whether or not I speak. It provides a record of what I said, supplants their memory and transcription process, includes my contact information, gives me something to hit them over the head with, and can include italics, SHOUTING, and emoticons if I so choose. It has helped many times in a wide variety of local, state, and federal level hearings, caucuses, and fact- and opinion-gathering meetings.

emoticons, now that's a good idea! looked up windsurfing emoji and didn't find anything, but i did see this:

if only donald trump was a windsurfer...
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzzwordbrad wrote:
looked up windsurfing emoji and didn't find anything

Here's my own shaka emoticon:
Mike \m/
chand2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Brisbane Planning Commission Meeting is TONIGHT Reply with quote

We need windsurfers at the Brisbane Planning Commission Meeting tonight (Oct 29) at 7:30.

Candlestick windsurfing is threatened by Brisbane's desire to for renewable energy-- which means snagging some of our wind from the Stick.

City Hall is at:
50 Park Place in Brisbane.

From the Stick, drive south and take the Sierra Pt exit.
Drive west along the north end of the lagoon and over the bridge to the intersection at Old Bayshore.
Drive into town on Old County Rd by Bank of America.
After Bank of America and the strip mall, turn right on Park Lane by the skate park.
The next right is Park Place.
City Hall is on the left down the block. Its a multistory building, but not all that big.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: