myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
New Pagers Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShreddinEd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2000 10:18 pm    Post subject: New Pagers Needed Reply with quote

As a long-time Genius user, I love the features, but have hated (as Jim Martin knows) the reliability. The Advisors are clunky. Cmon guys, its the new millenium! Give us some new options that minimize size, and provide all the modern features (alphanumeric, site sorting, e-mail, etc...). I know Advisor Golds have been out for a while, now. An article in the paper today reviewed Motorolas new 2 way pagers. I dont need that, but technology has certainly come a long way since 1995 when the paging service started.

Thanks.

-Ed Scott

PS - I share the sentiments expressed about leashless dogs, though I do watch where I step...
jibes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2000 12:32 pm    Post subject: RE: New Pagers Needed Reply with quote

I couldnt agree more... I saw one of the old Genius pagers recently (I have the newer Motorola), and was surprised that it was smaller and seemed more advanced. I have seen a few pagers out there that are a much nicer size and seem to have the necessary features for the wind paging service. Why are we still stuck on these clunky dinasours?
spyder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2000 5:33 pm    Post subject: RE: New Pagers Needed Reply with quote

As a former Genius user, I definitely miss it. I guess I lost it somewhere...and then got into the Advisor pager. However, even though this pager is kinda clunky, it is very reliable and the screen is pretty big. While I really liked the Genius, there were too many pages needed to update the graphs, which was cool, but maybe not as necessary as it seemed. My Advisor gets baked in the truck and takes all the punishment. All I want is what the sites are doing, and it gives me that.
geohaye

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 2:14 pm    Post subject: RE: New Pagers Needed Reply with quote

Gang,
The Advisor keeps on ticking. Much more expensive and much less reliable pagers have come and gone, but the Advisor keeps ripping. Its not perfect, but as we all know, it does the job. Good point one of you guys made: you can bake it in the sun and it will still be your best friend -- not true for many other newer pagers.

FYI - we are looking at alternative new technology, but no doubt the Advisor will co-exist with whatever comes next because it is so darn good.

Stay tuned and keep sailing,
~George Haye
iWindsurf.com
george@iwindsurf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: