myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Those %&$#ing devloper bastards!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raggyanne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2000 9:20 am    Post subject: Those %&$#ing devloper bastards! Reply with quote

Fist they Improve crissy Right! My car has 3 new dings from poeple opening their doors into mine in the over crowded parking lot and I have a nasty gash in my leg from that out flow thingy that was never there before, plus my new 4.2 ripped on the rip rap from a fishing boat wake! Now Burlingame has okd the new buildings at Coyote Point.........Why dont they just get it over with and pave the whole &*^%%$ing bay! Mad As Hell. Anne
zpp66

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2000 3:47 pm    Post subject: RE: Those %&$#ing devloper bastards! Reply with quote

I hear you! Its incredibly discouraging and I was in a funk all day about it when I heard about the final vote. Ive attended those Burlingame City Council meetings to voice my sentiments, and Ive been going to the airport expansion hearings as well. I can say now that I am holding out little hope that we can defeat the monied interests who are bent on ruining the bay. I just dont get it. How can people think that some short term gain will ever be worth permanently ruining something like the bay...destroying habitats, destroying recreation and all for what? So giant ass planes can disgorge more people to spend money on crappy t shirts?? However, as depressed as I am about this I still believe that we have to stick together and make our feelings heard about this damn runway expansion. Lets not lay down and roll over for them!!!
geohaye

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 2:26 pm    Post subject: RE: Those %&$#ing devloper bastards! Reply with quote

Everyone -- Keep the venting coming on this stuff! The more conversation on this stuff, the better!

The SFBA - San Francisco Boardsailing Association - has already affected the SFO runway expansion process and we will continue to do so. Also, we greatly reduced the damage that the original buildings planned upwind of Coyote would have caused. Also, we are all over the agencies and will keep following up the Crissy situation.

True, the Bay Area seems to be going downhill fast, but if we fight we can keep things as good as possible for as long as possible. Its worth it.

WE NEED EVERYONES HELP - SO GET INVOLVED!

Check out SFBAs website: www.sfba.org

And, subscribe to the SFBA eNewsletter by sending any email to: SFBAeNews-subscribe@egroups.com

~George Haye
SFBA Board of Directors
geohaye@yahoo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: