myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bring Back Mike Godsey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpaillon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 8:48 pm    Post subject: Bring Back Mike Godsey Reply with quote

Neither the forecasts nor the prose is up to what I have come to expect from Mike Godsey. Either he has been taking some mind altering medications or is on vacation. I hope the real Mike Godsey returns and starts giving us some quality wind forecasts.
nuker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2000 4:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Bring Back Mike Godsey Reply with quote

What didnt you like about the forecasts? I found the numbers to be more precise (13-17 by 2pm increasing to 19-23 by 4pm instead of simply 14-24 4-7pm). The prose was more to the point without the paragraphs of runon meteorological jargon. It was to the point and gave me what I needed...a wind forecast.
windfind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 8:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Bring Back Mike Godsey Reply with quote

Yep I was gone on vacation for a while there. Much as I like doing forecasting going 7 days a week an getting up a 4am for months on end takes some of the thrills out.

Next point: I am trying to put the critical info. at the start of the forecast and save the weather jargon for the end. Some people love it others just want to sail.

Yes it would be more percise to put 13 to 17 knots for early in the afternoon or even 5 to 13 knots for late morning. But I am a high wind junky and I really cant get very excited about a forecast of winds 13 to 17 knots. In my experience most of the sailing sites are pretty deserted in this wind range so I try to make a forecast for when I think the winds will be sailable for the average sailor on a short board.

Thanks Mike Godsey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: