myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where on CT costline can I WS???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
telsacoil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 10:06 pm    Post subject: Where on CT costline can I WS??? Reply with quote

I live in Springfield, MA and am I new windsurfing about half a season under my belt. Im wondering where along the coast can I surf? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
uman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 10:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Where on CT costline can I WS??? Reply with quote

CT is a big state, but if you happen to live in the Westport/Norwalk area, come to Norwalk and ask for the Norwalk Sailing School. There is a nice community of windsurfers there and the sailing conditions pretty decent.
prev1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2000 7:37 am    Post subject: RE: Where on CT costline can I WS??? Reply with quote

There are a number of good sailing places in CT. They generally require you to pay for access during the summer (about $5). Norwalk is a haul for you from Springfield. The locations with wind sensors would be good including Hamanasset and Lighthouse point. They are significantly closer to you than Norwalk. Also, Milford is a popular site when the wind picks up there may be 15 sailers there on a good day. Also, Stratford is ok as well. But, to limit your travel with similar wind, Id look to the sites noted above.
allen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 4:37 pm    Post subject: RE: Where on CT costline can I WS??? Reply with quote

CT coast is pretty dead all summer until storms start coming in late August. Norwalk (Calf Pasture Beach Exit 16 I95) can work for SW winds or easterlies when the storms come in the fall. Best sailing in CT is strong NW winds associated w/cold fronts. For NW go to Long Beach in Stratford. Take exit 30 off I95, follow signs to Sikorsky Airport, go past Airport and right at next stop sign.
telsacoil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2000 4:00 pm    Post subject: RE: Where on CT costline can I WS??? Reply with quote

Thanks
Ive been going to hammanasett the couple times its actually been good enough to go. Last weekend, Thanks for the help. Im hoping to go to niagret pond, soon, but I have yet to get to norwalk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: