myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
'99 Seatrend 251 ATV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jibes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2000 9:49 am    Post subject: '99 Seatrend 251 ATV Reply with quote

Does anyone have any comments about this board? (specifically wave performance and sail size range) Sail range is definitely a question I have: Seatrend, in their 99 stats suggests 3.5 - 4.8, but WS mag, in the 2000 board tests said 4.5 - 5.8 for the 2000 model (which has similar, if not identical, volume and dimensions). I cant find the Seatrend 2000 stats to compare. Whats going on here?
kipps

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 7:04 pm    Post subject: RE: '99 Seatrend 251 ATV Reply with quote

methinks WS magazine may be a bit off. sailed it with a 4.2 and a 4.8 and seemed well suited in that general range.

i thought, though never tried it, that a 5.2-5.3 might be the limit, even though the board feels bigger than 70+ ltrs in schlog-mode.
Zuni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 2:51 pm    Post subject: RE: '99 Seatrend 251 ATV Reply with quote

I ride a 99 251. The sail range for me is about 4.2 to 5.2. It works with my 3.7 but is pretty bouncy and crazy in that wind (I weigh about 140). I think the board should have been billed as a wave board. Its super fast, slices bottom turns (if you offset the strap) and is generally as loose as most wave boards Ive ridden. My bigges problem with it is when I get overpowered it tends to get a little skippy if you know what I mean. Im not ready to get a new board though, thats a plus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: