myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
O'brien Sensation, any good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laney

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2000 5:08 pm    Post subject: O'brien Sensation, any good? Reply with quote

I am a beginner and wanted a board to start off on. It seems the only thing I can find in my price range is an Obrien sensation, is it any good?
brent16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2000 7:30 pm    Post subject: RE: O'brien Sensation, any good? Reply with quote

I taught lessons with Sensations. If the complete rig is really inexpensive or used, you cant go wrong. Its polyethelyne so it will dent or get soft over time. The board is indestructible. If you have some shops locally, go to a swap and grab something that has been collecting dust in someones basement. They will be pretty excited to move their equipment that theyll never use again.

Good Luck

Brent
dcrispin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 11:40 am    Post subject: RE: O'brien Sensation, any good? Reply with quote

I bought a Sensation as part of a complete rig for $200 and was the best investment I ever made. I spent a year with the ocean liner learned planing, harness lines, waterstarts, beach starts and begining jibes. I wrecked probably 3 masts and as many sails and never damaged the Sensation. I just sold it to another beginner yesterday for the same $200, after not using it for a year as Ive gone to an intermediate board. For me it worked fine.
dmercer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2000 8:27 am    Post subject: RE: O'brien Sensation, any good? Reply with quote

I agree, if the price is right ($200 sounds perfect) and it was in good shape I think it would be a good board to start out on. Keep in mind, for anyone who gets hooked on the sport the board has a useable life span of about a year and a half (depending on how quickly you progress). After that you will want to upgrade to something better. But at $200 you should be able to turn around and sell it to another beginner and get most of your money back out of it.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: