myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hatchery RV parking shaming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, yesterday at 6:00 am I was the only one parked in the parking lot. That parking lot was a secluded point on the great lakes in the middle of a wildlife reserve. I even opened a gate that read something like, " authorized vehicles only". That's right ladies and gentlemen, I'm coming clean, I broke the law, or rules. Anyone here think they would have the right to do something to my vehicle or my person for doing so? I should be shamed?

Oh ya, before leaving, I picked up a dozen or so shot gun shells, and a boat load of plastic off of the beach.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
I even opened a gate that read something like, " authorized vehicles only".

Wind + water = authorization until expressly ordered to the contrary by some official-looking official. "Some dude" once flashed a driver's license with a dime-store one-centimeter gold star stickie on it to back up his demand that we leave public property. One of our guys pulled out his real State Trooper shield and told "some dude" to shove it.

Every time I see the Indian "in lieu" fishing site signs that say, "U.S. Property; keep out", I think that means it belongs to U.S. citizens, of which I are ... one ... of. The sign's just for foreign nationals, right? Smile
ShreddinEd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no skin in this game, and when I do, I only take up one space. For those of you who do take up more than one space, you may not be wrong...

40Idny0.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  219.19 KB
 Viewed:  11980 Time(s)

40Idny0.png

isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define "one space". Even some painted spaces have room for two short vehicles, and sans paint, shoehorning enters the picture.
skisurfer1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Parking lot shaming Reply with quote

Parked out Roosevelt last weekend and these tow kitesurfing sorts block off 3 3/4 spots with a tarp in between their pull vehicle and their trailer for
Themselves.. Not reasonable IMHO

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  979.29 KB
 Viewed:  11773 Time(s)

image.jpg

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  979.29 KB
 Viewed:  11773 Time(s)

image.jpg

forwards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Parking lot shaming Reply with quote

skisurfer1 wrote:
Parked out Roosevelt last weekend and these tow kitesurfing sorts block off 3 3/4 spots with a tarp in between their pull vehicle and their trailer for
Themselves.. Not reasonable IMHO

I arrived at Roosevelt 5pm Sat and saw this rig thinking the same thing, but during my 2nd loop thru the full lot the guy came over and said I could park in the wedge between his trailer and SUV as long as I wasn't planning to stay there overnite. Unexpected! Kudos to the guy!
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but many people aren't so willing to share the PUBLIC PROPERTY they usurp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: