myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Best Maui Gear Rental?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billwest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2000 6:53 am    Post subject: Best Maui Gear Rental? Reply with quote

Whats the best place to rent gear in Maui? I rented before with Hi tech and although I think they have a good policy where you can skip a day when it looks dead without being charged, I am not in love with their equipment (RRD and Fanatic). Other options?
mtbarnabe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2000 11:26 pm    Post subject: RE: Best Maui Gear Rental? Reply with quote

I just returned from 10 days at Spreckelsville/Kanaha beach on Maui. My first trip. I rented from Hawaiian Island Surf and Sport on Dairy Road (Directly across from the K-Mart) as you leave the airport). I walked into a different shop down the road prior to renting at Hawaiian S&P and after standing around for 15 minutes with no service and everyone running around in a frenzy, I split.
When I got to Hawaiian Island Surf and Sport, I drove up, had ample staff to help me and was on my way with brand new Naish boards and sails. They gave me plenty of options for brands.
I wont tell you what I did to the rental equipment or how one of the staff set me up special, just suffice it to say they treated me great. Fast on sail exchanges mid day - like get out of here and back on the water NOW!! attitude.

The owner is Len and the store has a family feel to it.
Besides, they had better prices!!!

toll free 800-231-6958
www.hawaiianisland.com

Have a great trip.
matthieu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 5:56 pm    Post subject: RE: Best Maui Gear Rental? Reply with quote

Im planning to go to maui in july.
how ws the wind and the waves for you?
Where did you stay at?
thanks
billwest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2000 7:26 pm    Post subject: RE: Best Maui Gear Rental? Reply with quote

Anyone ever try extreme sports? I rented from HISS before as well and they were ok but they like you to pay for a week up front. That sucks if you get like 3 dead days in a row.. or even one dead day.
mtbarnabe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2000 12:15 pm    Post subject: RE: Best Maui Gear Rental? Reply with quote

I stayed at Renatas, right on the beach on Spreckelsville. She is next door to Bobs Place and has great launch site. Found her on the web. small room - you are paying for the beach, not the accom.
One thing to know about Spreckelsville is that it is RIGHT NEXT TO THE AIRPORT RUNWAY. I can;t stress this enough. You don;t notice when you are sailing, but when you are laying in bed at 6am or 11pm and a DC10 is knocking at your window, believe me, you notice it. All conversation must stop!!
When I go again, I will probably stay up country from Paia and drive to Kanaha park. It is a really great spot, especially if there are sailors of different ability with you. Lots of grass and picnic tables and fresh water for shower/sail rinse.
Go on line - I found the best deals that way.
cj99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2000 4:01 pm    Post subject: RE: Best Maui Gear Rental? Reply with quote

DO YOU HAVE A URL FOR RENATAS??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: