myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:12 am    Post subject: Dumbo Reply with quote

Windward,

Dumbo is Dumbarton Bridge, about couple of miles above the Palo Alto launch and 5 miles south of San Mateo Bridge. No one ever sails there except the foolhardy Wink
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. OK. I will stop looking for a baby elephant with big ears....
bert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: The Stick Reply with quote

5.6 at the Stick on Tuesday from 1 to 2:30. Nice, warm flat water blasting. One sailor arriving as I was leaving. The Stick is often good on hot days.
surfdog55

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman island was outstanding this morning(Thursday). 7:30am till 8:30
Then 9:00 till 10:30. Nice swell. 4.7 80Ltr open ocean worked great! Almost nobody on the water 4 or 5 sailors. If these am winds keep coming I expect parking to be a problem come the weekend.
JT
Arrgh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surfdog55 wrote:
Sherman island was outstanding this morning(Thursday).
JT

And it blew and it blew all the day long.

Edit: Friday AM - and the wind is once again kicking the stuffing out of the IW forecast.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday . Sign. Tired.
tomg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: TI Monday Reply with quote

TI Delivered 'classic' conditions yesterday. 95l board, 5.3 sail and fully powered in all directions. sailed 2 hrs. @ 5pm Nice rollers on the west side with waves happening everywhere by 6 (when the tide turned from flood to high slack / ebb).

This was the first time for me launching from the new [weekday] launch. That being the stormdrain pipe near the poop plant (another reason to make a fast rig and launch!). For those thinking of going weekdays, budget 5 min shlog to the ramp and another 10min of swimming/ walking the rocks, to get back.

But Talk about solitude: only one other person out there.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Tues Berkeley Reply with quote

B-B-B-Berkeley!
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Crissy and Stick Reply with quote

Not having TI in July and Aug is not going to be good! But between solitude, jumping off rocks, poop, asbestos, radioactive waste, and the small godzilla I spotted lurking in the bushes ...

Not a great ten days for steady winds, starting Saturday 28 with the Slalom Series race #2!

I did much better this second time around (aim of race #1 was to go around the buoys!) but still with lots of room for improvement. First round with CA 58 + 6.6 I finish in 6th position (fleet B) but very overpowered. Almost 30 years of sailing these fickle waters had not taught me anything apparently: instead of being ready for the unavoidable wind change with a second sail I have only the 6.6 rigged ... and so I skip the second round to rig a 6.0 wave. Round #3 I am in 4th place, not bad ... and that's it. Round 4 the wind drops, there is full flood and I am with the 1/2 of the fleet that drifts aimlessly in front of the starting buoy ... without ever crossing it (the other 1/4 never makes it to the end). Round five I am with the Isonic 111, but wind is back with a vengeance and ... I bail out exhausted. What an afternoon: wind, no wind, monster chop, no chop but big flood. Everybody looks exhausted not just past middle age men like yours truly.

After Saturday 28 I take a couple of days off. I miss a great day at Coyote, and than for the past week it is mostly Stick with the slalom boards and two marginal days at Crissy. Today probably the worst south westerly I have ever sailed at the Stick: it can be great when the wind opens up all the way to Sierra point but instead it is in 3 directions separated by large swaths of ... empty space (i.e. empty wind). Still fun but a lot of work slog-powered-slog-powered-slog-powered-slog-powered-slog-powered. One other person out.

July is here and without TI it is not going to be pretty!!!!!! Shocked
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley Saturday...
Four Woofs and a Yowl !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 93 of 329

Jump to: