myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
1999-2002 Naish 8'5" boards....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of him, but I live in Santa Barbara. We had our local shapers back in the late 80s, but more often then not, their real focus was making surfboards. I bought a couple custom sailboards from Dave Johnson at Progressive Surfboards.
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Kevin was a local Berkeley sailboard shaper, from '80 thru around '86 or so, and the whole of Berkeley's race crew bought wave boards from him to sail at Waddell.
Certainly nothing like my surfboard shapers Robin Prodanovich, Tim Bessell, Roger Hinds, or Steve Morgan, who are internationally known.
Robin made my a 7'7" x 23 swallow tail twin fin wave board in '84, which worked well except for MY specified strap placements, which I had to move.
That was spring of 1984.
AfterDarkMark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:19 am    Post subject: I love my great Naish boards Reply with quote

I have the orange, red and yellow boards from 1999, and they are great!
When I first moved to the Gorge in '99, I bought a 8'7" yellow flame freeride used from Eddie Patricelli. It had won out over the ten or so other boards I had demoed. Partly because it was so fast and also because it could handle the sharp Gorge rocks, unlike RRD, etc. I have to disagree with Iso about it turning like a school bus, it turns fairly tight for its size, IMHO. I still ride it, esp. in the ocean. I have to second Iso on Naishs being great through the years across the board, pun intended. I've enjoyed my orange 8'4" Wave (69 ltr), for high winds, 35 to 55. I wanted a '99 red flame 8'5" Wave (78 ltr) for a long time, finally found one 2 years ago. It's been great fun on typical Gorge days, although I wish the rocker were a tad flatter to plane earlier and handle lighter coast winds better. Same with the Orange. I guess the flatter Yellow spoiled me! It was great fun to demo the light blue flame 8'6" one time and I had a blast! Seemed very smooth and fast for a wave board, almost like the Freerides.

Naish boards rock!-2.jpg
 Description:
those 88 liters help alot in the ocean
 Filesize:  290.05 KB
 Viewed:  7681 Time(s)

Naish boards rock!-2.jpg

KME-Hatch Air.tif
 Description:
Rudolph takes to the air!
 Filesize:  397.2 KB

KME-Hatch Air.tif

Naish boards rock!-1.jpg
 Description:
with my NU2me ride, Rudolph.
 Filesize:  268.99 KB

Naish boards rock!-1.jpg

isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: I love my great Naish boards Reply with quote

AfterDarkMark wrote:
I have to disagree with Iso about it turning like a school bus

If we agreed on everything, one of us would be redundant. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: