myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TI sailing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddoyle

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 3:59 pm    Post subject: TI sailing - illegal? Reply with quote

I heard from some guy sailing out of Berkeley last weekend that it is not legal to sail off of TI and that someone was asked to leave the island last week. DOes anyone have updated news on this front?
jibes

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 10:19 am    Post subject: RE: TI sailing Reply with quote

Well, I sailed there Wednesday for the first time. The wind was probably lighter than is usually would be on a good day, and it was flooding pretty hard. Whether thats a problem or not depends on your ability to point I guess. You should definitely be aware though. This place could be sweet with strong winds on an ebb. This is definitely not a good situation if you break down or get stuck on a sinker without wind (like some other places in the area). If you miss the island in either direction it would be bad news. I actually broke a fin (been a while since thats happened) on my second run out and was able to make it back. The launch is rocky and a bit of a scramble coming in (careful with your gear). As far as being legal, no one stopped me driving through the entrance with my board on the car. I did notice a cruiser perusing my car when I was launching (no ticket or anything). This could be a great spot, but be careful.
JM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: