myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
hudson river - piermont

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orthowind

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 9:47 am    Post subject: hudson river - piermont Reply with quote

we have friends on hudson at piermont. we can waterstart, cant jibe. apprecaiate info on sailing in this area.
andyhague

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 12:35 pm    Post subject: RE: hudson river - piermont Reply with quote

I am looking to windsurf on the Hudson River this summer (maybe this weekend). I found this guy Jack Barret of the Hudson Bay Sailboardingl who says there is an excellent site just south of Beacon, on the West side of the river, at Plum Beach, or Plum Lane, or something close to that. I also can water start and cant jibe. Feel free to email me at ahague@ix.netcom.com.
askulte

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2000 11:30 am    Post subject: RE: hudson river - piermont Reply with quote

I used to live in Nanuet, and went windsurfing often in the Hudson. You can launch out of Haverstraw Marina, or from the Nyack Boat Launch as well. Once I launched from Hi-Tor, but there were police waiting for me when I came back in... Apparently ya cant head into the water from there Smile Enjoy - the river is a blast on the witecap days!

Andris
orthowind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2000 9:54 pm    Post subject: RE: hudson river - piermont Reply with quote

thanks for info. the nyack boat launch sounds like it would work. is the current a problem. havent sailed in a river before.. that is, can you lose your board to the current if you go off it.
larryliman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 3:20 am    Post subject: RE: hudson river - piermont Reply with quote

Back in my early windsurfing days I used to launch at Nyack. I found it hard to get much going there. Sandy Hook in NJ is a bit of a hike but much more dependable windwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: