myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sail Advice: NR/Zone/Voodoo/Volcano??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petedorr

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 7:15 am    Post subject: RE: Sail Advice: NR/Zone/Voodoo/Volcano?? Reply with quote

I just bought 3 Pryde NRs (6.2, 5.0, 4.2). Ive sailed 1 time with the 6.2 and it felt really nice. Definitly has the low end power, not sure about stability yet.

I went with NR over the Zone & Core based on who the sail was being used by. I have more in common with Bjorn size wise than the other guys. I am currently at 215 pounds and dropping and just over 6 foot tall. If you are in the 150 pound range you might have better luck with a softer sail.

If you can, do the try before you buy thing and see for yourself.

I dont have experience with the other sails you mention.
Keith

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 12:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Sail Advice: NR/Zone/Voodoo/Volcano?? Reply with quote

IF you are sailing places like Rio and Crissy then the only way to go is the NR. Its got great range and stability. The Zone is a dedicated wave sail that is de-powers in an instant. Ive owed both and for bump & jump the NR is king.
petedorr

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2000 6:15 am    Post subject: RE: Sail Advice: NR/Zone/Voodoo/Volcano?? Reply with quote

Ive gotten out a few times.

Sailed the 4.2 in 40+ conditions and was overpowered (big suprise there) so its hard to really rate that experience.

When I sailed the 5.0 on 2 seperate 25mph days it was awesome. Definitly the best sail Ive ever used.

I have used the 6.2 a few times also and it feels really good. Has a lot more power than what I am used to and therefore Im planing when I would normally be sitting on the beach.
cascblu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 10:03 pm    Post subject: RE: Sail Advice: NR/Zone/Voodoo/Volcano?? Reply with quote

Why not try the new Ezzy Freestyles. They take trade ins on old sails which is why I use Ezzys. Their reputation is for durability but the new ones are also light.
spyder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2000 5:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Sail Advice: NR/Zone/Voodoo/Volcano?? Reply with quote

late on this one, but I just have to say something good about the North VooDoo. I really like these sails. Good power, stable draft, lightweight, and bomb-proof. I especially liked the 4.7. North has definitely improved.

I think this sail is very good for 4.7 and below. I sailed a 5.3, but I think something a bit lighter would be better for that size.

IMHO, I think NR still rules, but VooDoo is a very good deal, perhaps from the standpoint its
so sturdy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: