myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurf Rental near Topsail Beach or Jacksonville, NC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vince.gorman

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Windsurf Rental near Topsail Beach or Jacksonville, NC? Reply with quote

Hello! I'm taking a trip to Jacksonville, NC in a couple of weeks and am looking to get out on the water, but can't bring my gear with me. So I need to rent a rig. I've called around a bit, but no luck so far. Hatteras is 4 hours away, so I won't make it all the way up there. Crying or Very sad I'm hoping there's a place that will rent near surf city, topsail, emerald isle, or atlantic beach. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Windnc

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: windsurf rental near Jacksonville, NC Reply with quote

I lived and windsurfed on both Topsail and Emerald Isle for the last three years while I worked at Camp Lejeune. Although there is great windsurfing to be had in that area on both sound and ocean unfortunately there are no windsurf shops or rentals anywhere in the area anymore.
There are only a couple of local windsurfers who actively sail now and occassionally a few come down from the Raleigh area.
The last windsurfing shop that was there (Emerald Isle) that I know of closed over 10 years ago.

If you PM me I can give you more info on places to sail there etc.

Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: