myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing around Detroit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClausSurfpNet

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone Ever sailed 3 or more days in a row around Detroit (4 Hours drive) or is it alwaYs "the day" Or "the short session" ? Also because i Would Need a car.. One i can sleep in Or just one for a dayli drive? I have no feeling for the pressure in this country yet..i dont want to Move here and feel constantly "Caged"..would it be a frustrating surfers life? ---> i just dont know
ClausSurfpNet

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

---> Sems like Cape Hatteras is the real deal for Sideoff...😀 it is Not too far Away...
Bigwave65

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you consider 14 hours by car not too far away. We hit Hatteras twice a year, it's a pretty long haul-IMO.
wdsurf

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: great lakes Reply with quote

well if you don,t want to wait weeks and weeks or don,t want to drive your not gonna get much sailing in this part of the world Exclamation as a lake erie wind chaser for over 30 years you got to have it all kite or big gear aand small stuff for when it blows.have 3.3 to 6.0 sail quiver and i,m 88kg. 73,85,110 ltr. board use em all at one time or another.yes you need a drysuit if you want to go in big winds of fall or early winter Very Happy i live on eastern lake erie and chase it in 3 states and one province.it helps if your work schedule is flexy if its happning go now screw work cause you don,t know when its gonna happen again Idea
ClausSurfpNet

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just found out, that Port Huron is really nice in a south wind...with the current on the river in combination, you do not need more than 10-12 knots to have fun sessions in superflatwater on a 5,7 and a floaty board...also the quality of the water...awesome...looks like you will be getting some southwest wind May 25th and 26th looks pretty awesome if the forecast can be true..HAVE FUN !! pics could be awesome Smile
ClausSurfpNet

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone into ice sailing ? Could be Fun in the Winter...
ClausSurfpNet

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Belle Isle in Detroit ? It should work nice in a South West Wind for floaty board...the current Would Support Planning which is Fun...could be a nice freestyle Spot...anyone Else guessing ??
ClausSurfpNet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: pig island Reply with quote

ok, even if it seems like talking with myself...pig island detroit (Belle Isle) will be my playground...its windy from the right direction, its sunny and hot...i can?t believe that no one is windsurfing that place...
muliolis4349

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just at the Gross Point windsurfing Regatta.

grossepointewindsurfingclub.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: