myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Any Windsurfing on Moloka'i?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winddog001

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 7:47 pm    Post subject: Any Windsurfing on Moloka'i? Reply with quote

Whats the story with Molokai?

Thanks,

Nino
jmakers

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2000 9:06 pm    Post subject: RE: Any Windsurfing on Moloka'i? Reply with quote

I wouldnt consider Molokai as a place to windsurf in Hawaii. Most of the NE portion of this long, narrow island has tall cliffs that block the NE tradewinds from the getting to the southern shores where most of the beach access is. Theres a beautiful beach on the western shore, but the surf is really rough and the winds would be offshore. There might possibly be some spots on the NW portion of the isle, but I havent heard of it. If youre visiting the islands and want to windsurf, your best options in descending order are: Maui, Oahu, Kauai, Hawaii (Big Island) and I wouldnt seriously consider the last one.

-Sandy, Oahu resident
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: