myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nissan Murano/Honda Pilot Etc. For WS Vehicle???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superkraut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated to let my Montero go, but it was getting on... all my ws plus camping gear inside, plus SUP and rowing shell on top - ready for anything

max-roof-load.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.11 KB
 Viewed:  4630 Time(s)

max-roof-load.JPG

gepacktLI.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.89 KB
 Viewed:  4630 Time(s)

gepacktLI.JPG

Arrgh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2006 CRV has the split folding back seat where the 2/3 is on the right side, so it works quite well. Newer ones are 2/3 left, 1/3 right, so there is no room to set boards flat if you want to carry a passenger. Many SUVs are set up this way.
amarie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A third vote here for the Subaru Outback. Bonus that its AWD is better than that of some other vehicles, which matters to me as I drive on the sand to get to some launches, and in the ice other times of year. The mileage is great and I have gotten over 500 miles per tank at times. I put a long cargo box on the roof rack, which keeps most mess contained outside the car, but I can lay my 9' longboard (surf board) flat inside without going up on the dash, as well as my WS boards with room to spare.

The one drawback of the Outback to me is that to fold the seats down you need to remove the headrests of the front and rear passenger side seats. I wish they would develop a fold-forward seat like the Vibe/Matrix. Aside from that, it's a complete winner.

The Honda Odyssey is also a good one - my parents have one and I've kidnapped it for sailing more than once when visiting them. But it's a bit bigger/pricier and was more vehicle than I wanted for everyday life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: