myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2014 elections--what do they mean?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So only uneducated angry white people don't accept a scientific "theory"?

That sounds like a pretty prejudicial statement.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
I often get the feeling that many on this forum have not ever actually been involved in any governmental process. ... Do something that gives you some understanding of how a representative democracy really operates.

The Dem's did a health care law. Not the one Liberals wanted, not the one the Conservatives wanted. But, a consensus law.

That's obviously not the ACA, which was rammed through Congress without one Republican vote and with many, extremely egregious, proved lies to the Congress and to the public and not even a hint of consensus.

And, yes, I've fought for and against many city, state, and federal laws, before and after the fact, in every media and forum including newspapers, letters to Congressmen who in turn presented my case to the U.S. Congress, very active participation city/state/federal meetings and conferences with federal bureau directors, extensive radio commentary to captive commuters, field work on local/state/federal issues, Gorge launch site development ... and MUCH more ... from the 1970s right through this year. I personally generated the most calls the Utah congress ever received about any issue in its history (and thus blocked an anti-recreation bill), personally got a DoD regulation changed, was on a governor's select invitational advisory panel, and have talked one on one with the Director of the Bureau of Land Management, the VA Benefits Director, the National Parks Bureau Chief, federal level Corps of Engineers leaders, and much more.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I say that about all white people RR?
Or did I speak only about the members of a school board in Kansas with whom I am familiar?
If they had been black my point would have been the same, and I would have mention that as well.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The angry confused and obsessed people that are on these boards and panels include Iso, according to him in the post above.
Do you folks want to be governed by Iso and his ilk?
Just fail to be involved and that's what you get.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very amusing contrast in postings between CB, who has done it, and has some idea how to get things done in government, and Bard, who only knows how to rant. An amusing story for CB. At my first legislative hearing, about 38 years ago, before the California legislature's Natural Resources Committee, the chairman, John Nejedly (a lion in more ways than most know) repeated a line I had heard before, but never expected from a legislator in a public meeting: "The first rule of politics is don't get mad, get even."

The application of legislative knowledge over the next two years will be interesting. Remember, many on the right have advocated, successfully, for a legislature with no experience in legislation. True to to the conservative ideology of gentlemen farmers--from the era in America where guns were of the flintlock variety, and everyone knew what a militia was. Now they have to grapple with two realities with legislation: the ACA is on the books, and Obama has the authority to do what he has done on immigration by Executive Order.

On the first, there is no coherent position on the right about alternatives to the ACA, or reforms, only a posture for repeal. The Republicans will have to face several legislative realities that they are ill-prepared to manage. First, the ACA has many powerful supporters, including the insurance companies that killed the public option and stand to make more money with the ACA. Second, the legislative process, particularly in the Senate, is designed to be slow and deliberative. Between the filibuster and the veto, they have no chance of dismantling the law, or making changes that are not at least somewhat bi-partisan. Few of the amateurs appreciate these problems.

On immigration, Boehner is pissed because he is being hoist on his own petard. He had a bi-partisan bill from the Senate that had the votes to pass in the House. He refused to let it come up--committed to using this as a wedge issue for the 2016 elections. He was successful in that, but has no vision of the long game. He is more than ever captured by the Tea bagger nativists, and now has no ability to move a bill.

It is like putting Florida State in the NFL and seeing what happens against Seattle. Amateurs. Angry and outraged amateurs--so I can see a lot of yellow flags flying.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed more about your post RR.
Sorry if I offended by believing in evolution.
I had forgotten that you might not accept that portion of science.
I believe God created the world around us using evolution, and let us know that by giving us reason and putting thousands of clues in the world around us like fossils, radio carbon, etc.
I grew up in a place where layers of fossils are found everywhere in the rocks and gullies, telling a story about Gods works.
I have always thought God put them there to inform us.
Maybe I am wrong.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:

I believe God created the world around us using evolution, and let us know that by giving us reason and putting thousands of clues in the world around us like fossils, radio carbon, etc.
I grew up in a place where layers of fossils are found everywhere in the rocks and gullies, telling a story about Gods works.
I have always thought God put them there to inform us.
Maybe I am wrong.

You stated this before. Theoretically - I'm channeling my inner "educated cheerful black person."
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
The angry confused and obsessed people that are on these boards and panels include Iso, according to him in the post above.
Do you folks want to be governed by Iso and his ilk?
Just fail to be involved and that's what you get.

hence...
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Ok
Sorry for trying for peace and civility with you.
Keep on assigning opinions to others as always, and pretending you don't.
You are a master at it.
You and Iso are the perfect TR righties here, like Baja in so many ways.

hence......
good people....where?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowest congressional Democrats since 1928. Very low presidential approval among general public. And....

Among active-duty members of the U.S. military, Obama’s approval ratings are at an all-time low of 15% down from 35% in 2009. In addition, his disapproval ratings have increased from 40% to 55% with this current survey. The military hates the man.....And

If he had the gall to walk into a NYC police station, they'd turn their backs on him too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: