myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I might have saved a life today, with help from the USCG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grayson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wdcskier wrote:
Grayson-

It is almost four years after this event occurred. I have tried to find your name a few times with no luck in the past. I wanted to thank you with all of my heart. My friend and I were not nearly as prepared as we should have been. Luckily for him after being in the water for almost 40 minutes he did not get hypothermia, just a little stiff from swimming for that long in the cold. We both still love to sail, but now we are more prepared. I recently bought a Hobbie 16 and every time I go out I have my phone in a waterproof case with me.

Ironically enough I am now a freshmen at the Coast Guard academy on the offshore sailing team and have learned so much about safety. Most of the people around me know about me getting rescued and they all pick on me about it.

Thank you again for coming to our rescue the cold spring day.
Will C.

Thanks Will for the great message!

And thanks DelCarpenter for PM-ing me or who knows if or when I'd have seen this.

Will,
It's great to hear from you, and wonderful to learn that you and your friend still love to sail and have learned to do so more safely. Wink And that you've gone off to the Cost Guard Academy is just fantastic! Very best of luck there; you're a hero in the making. Still planning to spend your summers in VT? If so, give a holler if you're ever looking for crew on your Hobie (maybe via PM to be sure I get it). And if you ever see somebody windsurfing in a bright orange helmet, give a wave; that'll be me. Cool

Cheers,
Grayson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: