myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
classified ad scammer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: classified ad scammer Reply with quote

richard moore
moorer057@gmail.com

tried to oldest scam in the book. sends $2K over the amount requesting the additional $ be sent to someone else via western union.
kaven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another one:

"On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Tashya Cole <tashya.cole7070@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I'm on a business trip and i can't come to view or pick-up at the moment. so please hold it for me i don't mind adding an extra ($40) so you can keep it for me and consider it sold. i will instruct my assistant to send your payment out and deliver to you within 3-5 working days. i will pay via Money Order, text me your Name and Address, mobile # where the payment will be received by you. i will arrange for pick-up my self."

Reported to hotmail
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ones that read something like, "Me buy you thing. Will send twice what it worth in form of chicken scratches on napkin. You send me real money. Me pay shipping cost to Nigeria [I was selling an 8,100-pound Ford van]. Me like, I send my sister visit you. Me no like, I send my brothers."

Then there's this one:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Good day. I apologize for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail (Internet) which has been greatly abused instead of a Certified mail/Post-mail. This is due to the urgency and importance of the information. I am Harry Okokomaiko a solicitor at law. I am the Personal Attorney to Mr. Daniel A. Overman, a National of your Country, who has lived in Nigeria for the past fifty years, and whom here in after shall be referred to as my client.

On April 2005, my client was involved in a fatal car accident. All occupants of the vehicle lost their lives; my client was one of them. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating most specially, the money left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where these huge deposits were lodged.

Particularly, the Wema Bank where the deceased had an account valued at about $14.7 million dollars has issued me a notice to provide the Next of kin, or have the account confiscated. I seek your consent to present you as the Next of kin of the deceased so that the proceeds of this account valued at $14.7 million dollars can be paid to you as my client's Next of Kin, and then we can share the amount on a mutual agreed percentage which will be calculated on the percentage of your assistance in securing this claim both financially and otherwise.

All legal documents to back up your claim as the deceased Next of Kin will be provided. All I require is your cooperation to enable us seeing this deal through and I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law if you are willing to help in this claim. Please get back to me with the below information to enable us proceed.

YOUR FULL NAME_________________
YOUR ADDRESS___________________
YOUR OCCUPATION________________
YOUR AGE_________________________
YOUR DIRECT TEL NUMBER_________

Best Regards,
Harry Okokomaiko.

Not to mention the long, erudite emails from the Nigerian Secretary of the Treasury apologizing for the scams his countrymen spread around the world and swearing it will cease ... if I just send him my bank account routing numbers so he can monitor my accounts for fraud.

And the phone calls from my nephew, who just took a wrong turn and will rot in a Mexican jail until I pay his bond.

And, of course, the calls from Rachel (now Annie) of Cardholder Services promising to lower my credit card interest (lie) at no cost (lie) because they are employed by VISA/MC/Discover (lie). I convince them I owe tens of thousands, tell 'em my wife has all our account information, and let them listen to Fox News while I go get her.

Yeah, right.

Then there's all the free stuff: siding, alarm system, fallen-and-can't-get-up (or IT up) alert button, groceries, vacations, cruises, new car, my seester .... (only one of those is made up).

And, oh yes, IRS agent Julie Smith demanding payment today, followed up by an angry, often obscene call from my local sheriff threatening immediate arrest and deportation if I don't comply with Agent Smith. We know they're real because their Caller ID numbers match those of the IRS and the Sheriff's Office. They overlooked just three things: I have an IQ, I can swear with the best of them, and they'd rather deal with me than with my wife.

Annnnd the GDGOP. I quit them after WAY more than 3,000 phone calls and letters begging for money. (If you think THEY got an earful, you shouldda heard what the GDDNC got.)

ALL.
DAY.
LONG.

Maybe one call in 10 is a legitimate phone call from someone we know, and we've been on the National Do Not Call permanent registry for many years.

My point: This is not news. Anyone to whom it IS news had better be ready to lose their shorts to the ever-sharper scammers out there, most of whom are beyond the reach of the U.S. government.
bad_dolphin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got exactly the same one as kaven! So sick of these people! I either reply "You should be ashamed of yourself" or actually engage them in a conversation. Nothing like asking them the questions that I ask actually real buyers, like where do you sail, what are you hoping this board or sail will do for you, or what will it replace in your quiver, etc.

Ah, the internet is the new Wild, Wild, West!
cbknap

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait! Tashya Cole can't be buying your board cuz she's buying mine!

tashya (tashya.cole7070@hotmail.com) writes:

Hello
Please send your last price if it's still Available
Thanks
rigitrite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that one too!
johnl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbknap wrote:
Wait! Tashya Cole can't be buying your board cuz she's buying mine!

tashya (tashya.cole7070@hotmail.com) writes:

Hello
Please send your last price if it's still Available
Thanks

HAH! She wants mine too..... But what is a "last price"? Without negations dumb $hit it's the same as the listing price Smile
paulbroder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She tried to buy the 400 Ezzy top that I have advertized as WANTED. Shocked
spennie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a group somewhere (England?) who try to keep these fuckers going for as long as they can, of course without giving any real information. I was cracking up reading about it: "Oh, your father was a Nigerian Prince? Gee, that must be exciting!" "So sorry that account number didn't work, try this one!" "Did you receive my check, yet? No? So puzzling!" "Let me send you my personal phone number." and so on. The object was to keep them stringing along for as long as possible. We should all do this when one of these idiots tries this again.
DAVIBO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: scammer Reply with quote

thought I had sold 4 old boards & a boom.....then I was told to send $, it's cheaper to go to the dump and a lot less confusing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: