myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
#@!&* booties
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailboarder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using Vibram Cygna (more or less the name). For fit and feeling, they were perfect. They are now disintegrating in their second season and were quite expensive, so I'm looking for something else. I am also loosing the heel in high speed crashes, so they are not perfect.

Sears seems to handle the BG, I'll try that source...
wdsurf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy ONEIL NIJAS Exclamation
Darbonne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my first session with my new Okespor Kite Low booties. Love em. They fit like a glove, and the 3 way straps let you snug them down to compensate for the forces applied while sailing. The rubber sole is extremely soft and grippy. Best of all there is no rubber high on the sides so they slide in and out of the straps easily. They also have an extremely real feel, as your foot is not constricted from the sides. I have wide feet, so my feet were able to spread out, just as though I was sailing barefoot. Great product.

Thanks Tommy Wittman at Gulfport Boardsports.
shamran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbonne wrote:
Had my first session with my new Okespor Kite Low booties. Love em. They fit like a glove, and the 3 way straps let you snug them down to compensate for the forces applied while sailing. The rubber sole is extremely soft and grippy. Best of all there is no rubber high on the sides so they slide in and out of the straps easily. They also have an extremely real feel, as your foot is not constricted from the sides. I have wide feet, so my feet were able to spread out, just as though I was sailing barefoot. Great product.

Thanks Tommy Wittman at Gulfport Boardsports.

How is the sizing on those? Do they run small? I normally wear 10.5 or 10 depending on the brand. I'm just trying to decide whether I should buy 10 or 11. Thanks.
Darbonne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear a size 11 sneaker. I got the T7 size, which is 11-12 US. I was afraid they would be too big, but they feel right. I would say order the same size as the sneaker you wear. The strap system is great for cinching them. Good luck.
Boardhead1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check out the Atan , I have the winter and summer and really like the barefoot feel of them and they don't get hung up in the straps. Check them out. http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=97331
Arrgh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailboarder: I learned the hard way too. Never buy kayak booties for windsurfing.

Iso: Thanks for the tip. If I ever wear out my 2 pair of Vibram KSO's (discontinued, dammit) I will check out the BG's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: