myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Fanatic Shark 150, Not strong at all or I got falty??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leosantanalg@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Fanatic Shark 150, Not strong at all or I got falty?? Reply with quote

has anyone had problems with a Fanatic shark board??
I got a 2011 in 2012 and didnt even ride 50 times. the board started with small cracks around the nose and mast base and lately I found I also have the around the foot strap inserts. the last time I went out, the foot strap simply came off the board and took a chunk of fiber glass leaving a 3 inch diameter hole on the board. I dont trust this board at all. My question is: are they just weak or I got unlucky??? thanks guys
if anyone is interested I have pics as well as pics of the repair in progress
sube109

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They rent the Shark at Worldwinds and they usually have 2-3 Shark 150s (with the nose protector) for the intermediate riders. At the end of the season, the boards have a lot of wear and tear , but the boards still feel solid when I rode them. No cracks by the footstraps (Ive seen that with some really old boards) and no damage by the mast base, no delamination in the foot pad area. Maybe check with the staff for more details?
B737

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had my shark for a little over 4 years now. its a tank. its mostly sailed with my 8.5, im about 190 pounds, it has hundreds upon hundreds of miles on it... ive done a lot of progressing on it in the earlier years so it took its share of abuse early on.

i will say that it did have get some small spider surface cracks in its hardened skin near the fin box screw but i sealed them up with epoxy and its been fine since.

Fanatic Freewave 95l 240cm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: