myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Embassy on Monday Reply with quote

Sailed Embassy 5.3/110L at 2 pm. Curious about those midget fins that freestylers use so I made one from a template (6.5 inches) from the internet and used it. Don't like it..when I pushed too much, the board slid like a snowsled. I guess I'm old school and prefer fins that you can really push on and have control. Will toss this one in my shitty fin pile..don't freestyle anyway. My last attempt was a failed willy skipper "bout a dozen years ago. Put me out of commission for a week or so, much to my wife's displeasure ( damn near broke my willy!) Crying or Very sad
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Monday Reply with quote

Out at Coyote with 5.0/85. Kind of light with two holes on the way to the channel, then powered up. High fog rolls in at around 4:30 and messes up things. Back to the beach at 5, debate if to take the slalom but the wind dies further and I pack up. About a dozen people out.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Pleasure Point on Monday Reply with quote

Sailed Pleasure Point on Monday from 2 P.M. to 3:40 P.M. Wind came up to from 6 to 14 knots at that time. Before and after that it was very light. Ezzy 7.0 on an Angulo 10'10" G'ud WindSUP. Caught waves up to a bit over waist high. Fun. About 25 out. Wait. Those were all surfers.
veterduet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: +Marina Bay/Pt. Isabel Reply with quote

Punched in at 2 PM, left after 4. Looked like the swing shift was having a good time as well. Steady wind, smooth rollers, not much sun.
veterduet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto Tuesday.
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wed Berkeley 5:30 session, while Formula guys were saying it was "16-18", out there, one foil boarder waaaay crushed overpowered with 7.6, we hit it with a new to me Simmer Crossover 5.7 I had picked up the day before laying around in the free pile, overpowered in gusts over 25 for almost an hour, then had a nice cruise sesh for 15 minutes, on the 109 Freeride board.
Shoulda used it with the Naish 8'5" wave, also under the Cal Sailing Club freepile.
tomg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TI Delivered with wind filled in across the bay but ~20% stronger toward Pt Blunt (the usual) and lighter up above TI. Very flat; the only waves were off tugs and ferry boats. Hardly a bit of slogging on my 95lt with 5.3m. About 10 lucky souls out there today.
bert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: TI on Thursday Reply with quote

I was the 11th sailor at TI except I was out of the water by 2:30 to beat the commute. Traffic sure is a bitch these days and my sailing times are always early..must be the improving economy? TI wind is good as it starts early and is better than most Bay sites. I should stay long enough to watch veteran TI sailors launch cuz I look like a dork out there swimming, praying for wind, and uphauling to get out of the cove. Coming in I went as fast as I could, close to the point thinking I could glide towards the ramp and maybe do a fast tack..but I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as I passed the point and almost got backwinded. It was blowing 'bout 17-18 while I was out on my 95L/5.0.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pt Isabel in fine form today. While doing our beer after sailing, Dr Steve and I were musing on the fact that no matter how much money you have, you can't buy what we do. You can only earn it. 30 plus years and I ain't bored yet. Lucky us.
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bit of heaven. SUP-Sailing a south swell at Pleasure Point today. Waves not very big (Up to thigh high where I was.) and the wind a bit light (6 to 13 knots). Pumping required at times, but hey, I lost five pounds in a three hour session. Icing on the cake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 63 of 329

Jump to: