myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tuesday 8/19 The Wall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottwerden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Tuesday 8/19 The Wall Reply with quote

I am always curious what is going on elsewhere when we have a gorge-wide blast of wind. So this is really an FYI for those who sailed other spots....

Sailed the Wall, 1-5pm. 4.2 the entire time but would have rigged a 3.7 if I had stayed. I only left due to other commitments. Swell was very good - Econoline sized, in PCB units. Wind was pretty steady but really concentrated right down the middle of the river. A few holes but not bad.

One of my better Wall sessions this summer. Very few people out.
stagecoach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed 4.2 around 9a at the hatch and it was good. Later kited around 3pm up to the hatch and maybe could have been on a 3.7 sailing but I think most of the sailors were still 4.2.
riv2511

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-5pm Started out kiting lower Rufus smooth glassy rollers almost as good as it gets.. then went all the way up to MP 41 at the wall. bumpy decent swell not as good as lower rufus. 2 barges came through and totally messed up the swell. Headed down to the lower wall boat ramp. Really good smooth rolling swell. Then went back to lower rufus again Sweet rolling smooth swell consistent at all times. Well powered 6 meter wind. Buddy from Bend was on a 4.2 probably could have been on a 3.7 at times..
dhanson928

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Roosevelt..late start Reply with quote

175lbs on a 4.7 it came in about 3;30, teased all day. I sailed about 3.5hrs, the normal program...start out pinching upwind for a while then as the wind built the 4.7 got right for the grain elevators. Good swell late, big hole on the Wa. shore and a lot of free floating weed. Probably should have stopped at the Wall...
dhanson928

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Roosevelt..late start Reply with quote

dhanson928 wrote:
175lbs on a 4.7 it came in about 3;30, teased all day. I sailed about 3.5hrs, the normal program...start out pinching upwind f Probably should have stopped at the Wall...

PS, It is instructive to get feedback on what people found and where
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: