myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NJ Island Beach State Park Marina Launch Access Issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B737

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to avoid the drama, id much rather just buy a buggy pass every year and 4x4 it to bayside from inside the park itself... to avoid all this crap. trouble is bayside access from within the park is tricky.

its not an us vs them... we're all in it together. that rule was set a few years ago and fact is no one was policing it. The park didnt do its job and put up a sign that spelled all this out, it was really up to all of us to get the word out.

the paradox here is that vehicles can drive inside the park, where ever they want... power boats and jet skis do flybys all day long... but the park holds this double standard saying our footprints are messing things up. If its about the money, or passes, then make it that way so we can just buy passes and leave us alone...

The ppl in the other forum mentioning hurricane Sandy are off the mark, that is a natural storm, the park doesnt care about storms and natural things happening, fallen trees ect... it cares about ppl acting like animals and wreaking the place. which in my years at this launch i felt like we all respected one another, cleaned up after ourselves, and acted in a civilized way towards one another (albeit for the rare occasional person that parks inconsiderately).

im not sure which neighbor is doing all the complaining... id put money on its rentals, or rental owners... even at that not sure what the beef is.

the department of parks does owe the people of NJ service and access to these places. we just need to come to an agreement to make this work for EVERYONE. the park, the sailors the kiters and the people around the launch. the channel for this to happen is to talk to county freeholders and representatives to do some leg work for you and connect with park administration.... its how we got the meeting done 2 years ago...

Fanatic Freewave 95l 240cm
B737

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so. much. fail.

i also liked the guy who went charging out with his dog exclaiming that he worked for NJ DEP, gotta love NJ....

jkrivt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone sailed here after the sign was posted? Can you still rig in the parking lot and put in on the north side of the dock pilings?
B737

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine to sail there. Rig in the lot and go. Just don't walk on the land beyond the sign
surfersteve4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B737 wrote:
to avoid the drama, id much rather just buy a buggy pass every year and 4x4 it to bayside from inside the park itself... to avoid all this crap. trouble is bayside access from within the park is tricky.

its not an us vs them... we're all in it together. that rule was set a few years ago and fact is no one was policing it. The park didnt do its job and put up a sign that spelled all this out, it was really up to all of us to get the word out.

the paradox here is that vehicles can drive inside the park, where ever they want... power boats and jet skis do flybys all day long... but the park holds this double standard saying our footprints are messing things up. If its about the money, or passes, then make it that way so we can just buy passes and leave us alone...

The ppl in the other forum mentioning hurricane Sandy are off the mark, that is a natural storm, the park doesnt care about storms and natural things happening, fallen trees ect... it cares about ppl acting like animals and wreaking the place. which in my years at this launch i felt like we all respected one another, cleaned up after ourselves, and acted in a civilized way towards one another (albeit for the rare occasional person that parks inconsiderately).

im not sure which neighbor is doing all the complaining... id put money on its rentals, or rental owners... even at that not sure what the beef is.

the department of parks does owe the people of NJ service and access to these places. we just need to come to an agreement to make this work for EVERYONE. the park, the sailors the kiters and the people around the launch. the channel for this to happen is to talk to county freeholders and representatives to do some leg work for you and connect with park administration.... its how we got the meeting done 2 years ago...
surfersteve4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a local of Seaside Park. I cannot believe that us kiters and windsurfers are damaging any of the environment like the park officials claim we are. Boater who go to Tyson's Shoal are leaving a mark on the environment that we do not even come close too.
I tried calling them but all I got was a nasty woman who answered the phone. Typical!
I was one of the people who helped cleanup that area after Sandy. I had my 16 year old son help me remove a 10 foot piece of dock loaded with nails. We brought it back to our house in Seaside Park and cut it up. I have also took many trash bags of bottles, cans and other debri. Most of it was not left by kiters or windsurfers but it was stuff that washed a shore. When I explained this to this person from IBSP her response was "What is your Point? You were trespassing and not allowed there".
REALLY!
Its just not right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: