myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
segler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Slalom at Oyster Point Reply with quote

Nice slalom session at Oyster Point/Flying Tigers: 97L, 6.3; well powered almost perfect conditions at the beginning, somewhat light later on...
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: 3rd Monday evening Reply with quote

3rd Monday evening- did not look any good from shore. I wonder, partially a trick of light from the monsoonal clouds above? Only a very select few out. Pleasant surprise to encounter good planing wind and some swell and such out in the channel. On 5.3 and big board. Usually feel overpowered on 5.3, but today nice easy handling in the steady breeze.
veterduet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

Steady wind with occassional strong gusts. Smooth water (except near the beach launch) made for easy sailing and a longer session on a 5.2.
bert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Embassy on Tuesday Reply with quote

5.0/95 L at Embassy at 1 to 2:30 session. Really nice once you reached the airport. Sailed back and forth to the channel markers with only a single sailboat to share the wind with me. Toughest part of the session was climbing up the rip rap with my gear at high tide..can't see where the rocks are.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Stick on Tuesday Reply with quote

Tried to go to TI but the trafic was at a complete standstill ... got around Stick at around 3 and it looked ok so I stopped instead of going all the way to Coyote ... lots of chatting on the beach followed by about 1h sailing with 6.6 and Isonic 111 ... not too exciting bu I was constantly planing. Just two other people out ... maybe tomorrow will be better in this weak July ... hei .. I am gaining weight!
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel, of course
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ave - Tuesday Reply with quote

3rd Ave - Tuesday: Still a few monsoonal clouds about. Late shift again seemed to be best wind. Up a notch from Monday so 4.7 worked great for me in the channel. Freestylers really onto something with this big board small fin thing, it works great for me just freeriding.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel again.

Park the truck
put it together
sail about
take it apart
repeat tomorrow.

It's like a job.

kirk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Coyote Pt. Mon, Tue & Wed Reply with quote

Coyote Pt was fun catching the start of the ebb yesterday and more the prior two days.

Mon 6.6 Hucker (220#),
Tue 5.6 Hucker &
Wed 5.6 Hucker

Real Wind middle board all three days.

With monsoon clouds, seemed to have wider range between gusts and holes. At times OP'ed yesterday by the 2nd buoy whereas on Tue I spent a lot of time out there in the swells as the wind was lighter overall.

Monday I was glad to get out and rigged big since the forecast wasn't too hot.

Lots of fun all three days.

http://kirklindstrom.blogspot.com/
fitek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out last night with a 5.0, 112l, I'm 145lbs.

Slogged out there, just as I thought bout going in and biking instead, the wind picked up and had good fun.

Not sure who was out there with a white sail playing in the swell... I was trying to copy that person's moves.

Still have yet to complete a gybe...

Saw the fog coming down 92 and the wind died out. Slogged back in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 58 of 329

Jump to: