myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mogunn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer has Coyote dialed in, just like you Bert - lots of years and a million miles...
Long live Team Coyote!

SwellRipper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto - Sunday Reply with quote

Once the tide came in, Palo Alto was good again on Sunday. 5.0 and big board for me. Why I never sailed there before last week, I don't know, especially since it's practically in my backyard. But provided the tide is in enough, it's a good SW wind pattern alternative, when TI is not working, and the Delta is a bridge too far for Peninsula sailors.
bert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Da Stick! on Monday Reply with quote

Lured out to the Stick with the 17 mph read at 1 pm though it didn't look all that windy when I got there. Wind began its precipitous drop once I hit the water. Made one good run to Sierra Pt. , then it was slog, fall, uphaul time with an occasional puff of teaser wind . Fortunately I rigged big (110L/6.6 Hucker) and was able to stay out for an hour. Normally I go to the gym when I don't sail so I figured, shit!..this was the same thing. Waterstarting a big-ass sail in low wind is like bench pressing. Uphauling a heavy sail is akin to doing squats and trying to stay afloat in crappy wind works all the muscle groups. My yelling and cursing not only worked my vocal chords, but also released stress and bad vibes. In retrospect maybe it was a good day Rolling Eyes
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a blind squirrel can sometimes find an acorn.....
Played 5 sets of doubles tennis, leg's gone, showed at Berkeley at 2:30, watched the slogfest of 14 mph breeze, rigged up at 4, lazy and plenty of problems, went out with a bud on a 122 Fanatic Slalom, and ........ planed solidly for over 1.5 hours!
Heavens forbid, it came up to gusts of 23 for most of that time, then dropped off just as quickly.
veterduet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Da Stick! on Monday Reply with quote

bert wrote:
Lured out to the Stick with the 17 mph read at 1 pm though it didn't look all that windy when I got there. Wind began its precipitous drop once I hit the water. Made one good run to Sierra Pt. , then it was slog, fall, uphaul time with an occasional puff of teaser wind . Fortunately I rigged big (110L/6.6 Hucker) and was able to stay out for an hour. Normally I go to the gym when I don't sail so I figured, shit!..this was the same thing. Waterstarting a big-ass sail in low wind is like bench pressing. Uphauling a heavy sail is akin to doing squats and trying to stay afloat in crappy wind works all the muscle groups. My yelling and cursing not only worked my vocal chords, but also released stress and bad vibes. In retrospect maybe it was a good day Rolling Eyes

If you added a swim dragging your gear the last 100 yards (you would need to go to Berkeley for that) it would be a complete workout. Think of all the fitness club fees you could be saving! Smile
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed four of the last five days with SUP Sail sessions. Decided not to let the lack of Northwest winds bother me. The Southwest winds worked fine for SUP Sailing the Angulo 10'10" G'ud from New Brighton State Beach up to Pleasure Point and looking to catch waves in the wave breaks along the way. Ankle biters can be fun on a SUP sail and sometimes one scores a waist high wave. Sailed all of the way to Moran Lake and back today. Even caught a left at Sewers Peak that was chest high.
Side benefit: These long sessions of 3+ hours are helping me lose weight gained while I was laid up.
I will be ready for when the Northwest winds return.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Da Stick and Da Coyote! Reply with quote

Mon Stick very weak (out with Bert) on 6.6 GP2 + Isonic.

Tue Stick much better, a lot of up and down but you could go all the way to Sierra Point. 4-5 people out with Sophie and Bred venturing all the way across with a 4.7. Steadiest wind at Sierra Point and then stronger and "steady" at around 5:30 ... go figure. Fun day, although still quite jet lagged and struggling a bit with asset when powered up with the Is-111 ... Shocked

Wed at Coyote, looks weak so I rigged 6.6 GP2 and CA 58 Slalom and had a blast, forgot how fun is slalom with some swell. Perfect 6.6 all the way to the outside: it does take so much less time to get there with this kit! At 4-4:30 the wind kicks in 5.0 outside looks enough. I am starting to be tired and retreat behind the usual big wind line midway to the first buoy. Great day! Very Happy Really enjoyed opening up the slalom gear down the (small) swells.
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northwest winds came back on the coast today. Sailed Natural Bridges with my 91L JP FSW and a 4.7 Ezzy Wave Sail. So much fun! Incredible speed runs along the edge of the windward kelp bed.
Eight windsurfers out at one time. And this is a Wednesday!
There was talk of sailing Scott's tomorrow.
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley started at 3 with a 5.8Warp Slalom sail and JP109SS, then as the wind rose to just over 30, switched boards to an old beat up JP255Freestyle, which was butter smooth and waay too easy until the wind started to die around 5:15.
Guys my sized were mostly out on 4.7's if they did more than 3 runs.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.L. today, flat to 1' swell, but holy crap it was windy, eventually blown off my 4.2, shouldda been on a 3.7 rigged flat, and the wind was hot, low 80's.
Fun though, after not being out for awhile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 56 of 329

Jump to: