myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I have no idea of how those in Canada that are below the poverty line live as compared to those in the US, but I suspect there is a significant difference.

I don't know about Canada, but by many measures, U.S. "poor people" live FAR better than the average European does.
See http://tinyurl.com/3b9okou for one assessment.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Fick wants us to believe that the Heritage Foundation will give us an unbiased analysis. Too funny!
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
I don't know about Canada, but by many measures, U.S. "poor people" live FAR better than the average European does.
See http://tinyurl.com/3b9okou for one assessment.

Ahhh, Mikey, you're missing the point.

Poor people in the US sell their boxes 'n boxes of free Obamaphones and wheelbarrows of Obama food stamps to pay for air conditioners, cable TV, and Xboxes.

And sometimes they {GASP!} collect disability, too. That helps pay for their excesses like windsurfing equipment, racing motorcycles, and ammunition.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only 11 amenities, am I considered a poor household by the Heritage Foundation? Hell, I don't have some of the rudimentary basics like a big screen TV, a DVD player, a video game player, a cell phone, a washer/dryer, a ceiling fan, a dishwasher, an electric coffee maker, or even a garbage disposal. However, I do have an electric coffee grinder, so I can make a single cup of coffee by pouring hot water through ground coffee held in a paper filter.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how good guns are at saving lives. Imagine how many people would have been shot last weekend if there were no guns? It would have been horrific.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very rich friends who make coffee that .they say it is the best.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker said:
Quote:
Techno,
The key phrase here is " disarming the people"
That is the plan that the fake media claims liberals want, when in fact many libs are gun owners.
Libs want background checks. So do most conservatives by a wide margin.

If the issue from liberals is just background checks, then why do 95% of the posts/comments from the left suggest disarming the public (over stated, but there is little discussion about registrations). There are only a very small percentage of dealer firearm sales that don't involve background checks (gun shows) and if that was the ONLY issue, conservatives and the NRA would probably agree to closing that loop hole. However, we all know that is not where the debate stops.

The only way to tear down the wall is brick by brick, that's why the conservatives don't want any bricks removed.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
keycocker said:
Quote:
Techno,
The key phrase here is " disarming the people"
That is the plan that the fake media claims liberals want, when in fact many libs are gun owners.
Libs want background checks. So do most conservatives by a wide margin.

If the issue from liberals is just background checks, then why do 95% of the posts/comments from the left suggest disarming the public (over stated, but there is little discussion about registrations). There are only a very small percentage of dealer firearm sales that don't involve background checks (gun shows) and if that was the ONLY issue, conservatives and the NRA would probably agree to closing that loop hole. However, we all know that is not where the debate stops.

The only way to tear down the wall is brick by brick, that's why the conservatives don't want any bricks removed.

Techno,
I would consider myself a conservative, but in a Canadian sense. I would abolish guns in the blink of an eye if I had my say. The difference is living in Canada I am not exposed the the evils of the NRA and their propaganda, nor have I been brainwashed into thinking I have to overthrow a tyrannical government one day.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno,
Thanks for making my point by repeating the NRA talking points on cue.
Could you show us a few of the 95% of comments by libs supporting the notion of disarming the public?
I think you will actually be surprised by a quick glimpse at the real world.
Or just ask a couple of libs. You will find them everywhere.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I would consider myself a conservative, but in a Canadian sense. I would abolish guns in the blink of an eye if I had my say. The difference is living in Canada I am not exposed the the evils of the NRA and their propaganda, nor have I been brainwashed into thinking I have to overthrow a tyrannical government one day.

Isn't that like saying Obama -- our left-most Senator according to his Senatorial voting record -- is conservative because some extremists say he's too far right?

Sure, the NRA goes over the top. But I know not one person whose reason for owning guns is defense against a tyrannical government. That accusation is left wing media brainwashing, and is concentrated most blatantly in the neonazi enclaves of the Idaho panhandle. I'm white, so those zealots don't directly threaten me. I bought my first gun to protect my dogs from coyotes, and after it was stolen in a break-in I bought the rest to protect myself from the two-legged coyotes who threaten ME. Stick your own head in the sand all you want, but good luck imposing your own version of tyranny on the freedoms we fought, died, and STILL die for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 152 of 331

Jump to: