myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing lessons Cleveland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleveland79

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Windsurfing lessons Cleveland Reply with quote

I live in Cleveland near Edgewater Park (but willing to travel a bit!) to get some beginner lessons in, very interested in taking up the sport! Anyone on here willing to give some lessons?
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest contacting Scott Haas at Amoka Windsurfing. (http://www.amoka.com/windshop_fins.html) He gives lessons at Maumee Bay State Park, Oregon OH. I know that is not close to Cleveland, but still might be closer to you than anyone else. Scott also has new and used equipment for sale. I'm sure Scott has been in business more than 10 years.

Welcome to windsurfing.
AndreiA

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Windsurfing!
You may find some useful tips and ideas here:
www.na-windsurfing.com
cmurman

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I'm a cleveland windsurfer too and Edgewater is my launch of choice. But you probably don't want lessons from me. I'm intermediate on a good day. But if you ever want to just talk sailing or borrow some gear let me know. I learned from watching youtube videos and falling down a lot. I'm sure a lesson is faster but I've never been sure of what the hurry is.
gregnw44

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey... to the original poster "Cleveland 79"... are you still watching this thread?

If so, reply back soon Smile
Do you have gear?
I'm going to be driving by sometime tomorrow (Thur 5-23) maybe lunchtime, not sure.
I have a van loaded tight as can be, with gear... but I won't be unpacking it there. However, if you have gear. I can spend an hour with you, and cram as much info as you want in that time. Like how to rig your stuff, and how to get going, and how to rescue yourself Smile
I've been windsurfing a LONG time... and am a "US Windsurfing certified instructor. Anyway, no charge... just trying to help a new sailor... IF YOU SEE THIS Smile
I'm driving through... and am only checking email a couple times a day. So ya gotta reply later tonight, or very early tomorrow.
If not... I hope you keep up the spirit.. and get ahold of the other Cleveland windsurfers... you'll get some help.
Greg -
cleveland79

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just saw your message! Still trying to hunt down some leads... thanks everyone for your replies so far.
alwayssummer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: I'm also in Cleveland! Reply with quote

I don't have my own board. I wanted to try to get some lessons before investing in the equipment. If anyone else has found local lessons, please let me know!
combs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windsurf Ohio should be able to hook you up. They are located on the East side in Painesville and give lessons with gear at Mentor Beach. Call Steve and Terri at (440) 951-5253...Tell them Combs from the Gorge set you!
geohaye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tip, Combs!

Do you have an Email address for them?

Windsurf Ohio has been added to iWindsurf's mega-list of Windsurf Schools:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27023
combs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsurfohio@aol.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: